Chapter 25 - performances

The performances were set for each Kingdom to show two short performances that represented their Kingdom and Academys' music. They would be done by 2 individuals (except the Deyrion representative who would perform twice) in front of the others. Everyone went straight into the performances, as the other occupants of the hall moved to vacate a space at centre front. Instruments were moved in, placed to be seen by all. As being in their own land, first to perform was Ainsworth. Before them all, Ainsworth's second prince and a girl with bubble-gum pink hair walked to the centre. It was Austin Ainsworth and Emily Myers. Emily Myers was a mere Baron's missing daughter, and the fact that she was invited was obviously by someone else's tampering. There was no way that she would be invited in any other way to an event of high ranking nobles and royals of other Kingdoms. She knew that a few of the other guests were slightly confused too, but no-one let their appearances slip. A noble's poker face was their most prized ally.

Anastasia eyed the two, taking in their appearances. Neither had changed much aside from Austin being significantly taller as he aged. Emily had grown too, still short and child-like. She smiled around at the hall's people, as her eyes fixated on Anastasia for a quick moment. Anastasia noticed how they narrowed, before turning to the man next to her and giving him an enthusiastic "We can do it!". She scoffed, amused, at Jamison, whispering to him what she had seen.

The second prince took centre stage, as Emily moved to the side. In his hands was a beautiful violin, that from even a distance away, Anastasia could tell was of the highest quality.

"On behalf of our Kingdom, I would like the thank the royalties and nobles from Deyrion, Emanten and Kou for their long journeys here. I hope the 5 representatives of your countries find our own comfortable."

He sank into a bow as an applause rang out, and the hall went silent as he began to play his piece. It was soft, yet powerful. Filling up the quiet hall with his swift movements. From her memories before her leave, Austin had always had a talent for the violin, and it was interesting to see how well he was doing. The piece came to an end as an applause rang throughout the air and he was replaced on the stage as Emily went on. She smiled at the nobles, eyes narrowing slightly once more as she eyed Anastasia before moving on.

"I thank everyone for allowing me to be here, though my status shouldn't allow me."

Murmurs of disagreement rang out through the Ainsworth nobles and Anastasia almost laughed aloud until nudged by Jamison, successfully keeping himself from rolling his eyes.

'Two-faced shit.'

"I hope you enjoy the piece I have chosen to sing today before you all."

A live instrumental played throughout the hall as she began to sing. Anastasia would agree to one thing- she was talented. Her voice was high and sweet- it was almost entrancing to listen to. However, it didn't change the fact that Anastasia preferred the more stable voice that Melissa had. And, no matter how talented Emily was, it wouldn't change the fact that she had a horrendous personality, though covered up. The song came to an end, and Anastasia clapped a polite applause alongside her aunt and friend. She watched, raising an eyebrow, as the two took hands and fell into a small bow and curtsy as they went off the stage. They were immediately flooded by nobles, seemingly of the same age, who indulged them with praise. Emily giggled, a hand in front of her mouth, as she replied.

"Of course not! I did my best but I don't think it was as good as it could've been."

She saw how a fake frown came across Emily's face, and tears brimmed at her eyes. The others immediately went to comfort her, and Anastasia, Jamison and Marilyn met each others eyes, doing their best (which wasn't too great) to hide their laughs.

'Pfft- what a snake.'

As the two and their group of supporters vacated the area, the two Emanten students took centre. They started off with a flute recital. Anastasia and Jamison found themselves taken by the instrument, wishing they had learnt to play it themselves. It was followed by a soft song by the shorter one of the two. Almost all of the songs in kingdoms other than Kou were all soft and ballad-like, Kou's musical influence not yet spreading around.

The third performance was done by the representative from Deyrion. He started off with a beautiful guitar piece, singing along with the lyrics. He then sang a more somber song, that was just as impressive as the last performances.

As he walked of the stage, given congratulations by the seated area, Anastasia and Jamison stood to go to perform themselves. Aunt Marilyn turned to them both.

"Don't stress, kids- just have fun."

She leaned forward to whisper to them.

"You're by far the best ones here anyway."

Anastasia and Jamison giggles and smiled, giving her a brief hug and going on up. They ignored the stares of the people wondering how they could act so familiar with the Queen of their kingdom.

'Well, now it's our turn.'

———————————————————————

I overslept and missed my maths and chem calls so I emailed my teachers saying my WiFi went down😌🤝

Thank you for 8k views💕