Chapter 11 - schedule

The next day was a bit more hectic than the day before- and by a bit, I mean a lot. The rest of the students were now in school and the buildings were full to the brim at breakfast service. The Royal Academy Of Kou had a six year education system: first years 11-12 years old; second years 12-13; third years 13-14; fourth years 14-15; fifth years 15-16; and finally, sixth years 16-17. This was extremely unusual compared to the other 3 countries that had 7 year education systems, however, there was a reason. Throughout the whole world, females would come of age at 16 and males at age 18, therefore, to allow Kou's noble males (or females, though it was commonly males) the time to prepare for marriage and/or taking their titles, education ends early for all.

Walking into her form with her friends, she greeted the classmates that she had spoken to often the day before. The teacher came in and handed out their timetables. Throughout first year and second year, you would go to your classes with your form but once in third year, you would be split with other people taking your core subject of vocal, dance or production. There were 6 periods in a day: periods 1 and 2, before a break, then periods 3 and 4, before lunch and then 5 and 6, ending the school day. For Anastasia's form, periods 2, 4 and 6 were dance, vocals and production, mixing up on other days in those three periods. The other three periods switched everyday between subjects like etiquette, geography, history, maths, english and knowledge on the citizens of Kou.

Today, she had English, Vocal, Etiquette, Dance, Geography and Music Production. Breezing through English, the hour for vocals came along. They were taught class rules, basics about vocal expression and were given books to write notes in. Anastasia had a fear of singing out in public and, at the end of the lesson, had alerted her teacher so. To her surprise, the instructor smiled at her, telling her that was alright and that she could practise in a separate studio. She was grateful to the school for their considerate thinking towards students who didn't have the confidence to act so. At break, she and Leo had a small, friendly argument over who would pay for snacks, somehow resulting in Kieran paying.

Etiquette was another of Jieun's favourite subjects, alongside Maths, and she found that it was quite easy, swiftly becoming a favourite of the teacher's. It was a subject not taught in her previous life, and that intrigued her. Then was dance. The class was put into boy-girl pairs and they began to learn to dance to a waltz. Ironically, Kieran and Melissa were a pair, while Anastasia was paired with another boy in the class, Jamie and Leo paired off with other girls. Anastasia notes that they were the girls that Aunt Marilyn had said were high candidates for engagements. She was upset that she couldn't dance in the way she was familiar, but she felt it was nice to learn a new type of dance. The boy she was paired with held a nice conversation: kind and making her laugh at times. They talked the whole time with the rest of the class, everyone laughing and Kieran who wouldn't stop twirling Melissa around, to her embarrassment.

"Kieran, put me DOWN-"

The lesson was overall quite enjoyable, and the atmosphere was nostalgic to Anastasia, who reminisced of the friends from her old dance studio.

Geography, however, was a different story. The subject was slightly difficult to Anastasia who was now getting confused with the countries of Earth, but as she ignored Leo and Kieran who kept laughing at her, she didn't find it too bad. Lastly, was Production. This lesson was one that Anastasia found MOST enjoyable. They had began to learn a small piece by themselves, on any instrument they felt comfortable. Melissa, Kieran, Jamie and Leo opted to take the violin, but Anastasia went for the piano. The piano was Jieun's most prized instrument, and she found great joy in playing. The day came to an end, and Jieun spent the rest of her time with the others in Melissa's room. The five played games before going off the explore the academy. Their adventure came to an end at 7:30, where students were restricted back to the dormitories. She fell asleep at 9 that night, tired out, and woke once more at 7.

———————————————————————

As you guys might have guessed the first year to six year ages fit with the British education scheme of first year matching Year 7 :)) I am a british kid so it seemed fitting and worked for the story line. The splitting in third year is similar to splitting into maths sets and english sets while you keep with your main form and the only proper difference to my school (other than the whole other worldly bit) is that we have 5 periods a day, not six!!

Also I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone who voted on chapters- it was crazy just logging on and seeing the views shoot up too!!! this is my first time writing so it probably isn't too impressive but 100+ reads is just o amazing to me :)) Basically, I just want to say thank you for making my smile the minute I opened this app <3333