Chapter 27 - stay seated

Their performance came to an end with a bow, Anastasia taking Jamison's offered hand as they moved off the elevated platform and towards the seating where the royals sat. Anastasia smiled to herself as she walked off.

'That rap was damn good, if I do say so myself.'

They went straight to their Aunt Marilyn who gave them both a soft and loving smile.

"You two did absolutely amazing- even better than in practice! Come, sit down."

As they moved to take their seats, she whispered to them.

"Just as I said, you guys did the best by far."

Anastasia giggled at her as Jamison sent a grin back, Marilyn giving them both a wink and turning back to face the rest of the royals.

"You two did fabulous. If I do say so myself, your music was so different from what I was used to and it was a joy to listen to- the vocals from Sir d'Nora were absolutely stunning and Lady d'Astelo your own vocals were quite incredible and very unique."

Anastasia turned to face the King Deyrion and thanked him for his compliment with a smile- she didn't feel up to explaining the concept of rap to them- that small bit of childishness inside her wanted to keep it to herself and her kingdom for now. The conversation went on from there to compliment the others and then go on with other topics as the banquet went on. The topic soon came to a business discussion, focusing around the mana phones distributed from Kou.

"Oh, you mean Anastasia's company?"

The whole group went silent, staring at Queen Kou.

"..Lady d'Astelo?"

Marilyn smiled.

"Yes, of course! Fortuna Eopsin is Anastasia's own company, I'm just to be leading it in her one year absence. All products are distributed and manufactured under her with my and others aid."

"That's absolutely incredible!"

Queen Emanten grinned at Anastasia.

"It's not that incredible- a lot of work was put in by Her Majesty of Kou and many other helpers on top of the company workers."

"Nonsense- it's bright people like you that we really need- you're just so young! Do you have a fiancé?"

Anastasia gave a laugh.

"Not at the moment, no, and I would like to say that though my company, it really wouldn't have succeeded without the troubles of others- for example Jamison here-"

As the business conversation rolled round, she missed the look that the Queen and King Ainsworth shared. Anastasia frequently shared conversation with the others, and soon enough, an hour passed by.

"Ana, Jamie, why don't you too go and feast? It'a been a while since our last meal."

"Of course, I'd like to personally choose my meal- would you like me to sort out a meal for you too, Your Majesty?"

"No thank you dear, just go and have fun- maybe make some new acquaintances."

As the two stood up and greeted the rest of their company goodbye, the Queen Emanten spoke up with,

"Why don't you three join them? You all will be attending the same academy so you might as well become better acquainted with each other."

The three stood up, agreeing to their wishes as the five made their way over to the banquet table. Small talk filled their silence, as they conversed. She found that all three of them seemed genuinely kind, though one was a bit more talkative than the others. Now at the banquet table, they opted to choose their foods and find a table to be seated at. Anastasia and Jamison chose to take chicken, both pretty hungry now they thought about it. Anastasia rolled her eyes at the comments the other noble women around her were making, making Jamison stifle a laugh that made the other three look at them in amusement.

As they all held plates of food, they were just being lead to an empty round table to be seated when a voice called out from behind them.

"Antoinette!"

She froze at the name, and the voice she had heard up on stage not so long ago.

There, sitting at a table not too far from their own, sat a girl with baby pink hair and glittering golden eyes, a hand waving towards the five students.

There, sat Emily Myers.

———————————————————————

10k VIEWS!!! thank you so much for reading this- honestly I started this for fun since I had practically read every reincarnation story out on this app that I liked and I didn't expect it to get this much attention- every vote, comment and read is appreciated so much and thank you for reading!! 🥺💓

While I'm at it, is there any scene you guys want to see while she's at school here? Eg. Going out incognito and running into someone on the streets, people trying to get to her in class, people purposely disrespecting her but she claps back, or just scenes between other people (the capture targets, melissa and co. etc) or her too- feel free to leave comments about anything you want to read and if it fits I'll try to write chapters for recent chapters or later ones!

REPUBLISHED BECAUSE I FORGOT TO ADD A SONG IM SORRY-