Meeting My Mate

Thayne POV

“Are you sure you’re ready to go back home to those...people?” Uncle Z asked me as I was finishing packing up my bags.

"I don't have any other choice, apparently my father has fallen ill and I need to become the Alpha and take responsibility for the pack now. I'm just thankful I had you all to show me how to be an Alpha and what it takes to be a leader." I said to him. David left a few weeks ago and I put off going home for as long as I could but when I got the call about my father, I knew I had to go. 

"Just know you can always call if you need anything." He said and looked so lost.

"How are you doing?" I wanted to make sure I was leaving and they would be ok.

"Not that great but losing a mate will do that. When you find your mate Thayne, don't mess up. We made so many mistakes with your uncle and there's not a day that has gone by all the years we had with him that we didn't feel regret for the years we weren't the mates we were supposed to be, so take it from me and do right by your mate no matter what." 

“I promise uncle Z.” I sighed. Do I even deserve a mate? I abandoned my pack. Will my mate trust me that I’ll stay if he or she finds out I left? 

“Good, now you have a safe trip back.” He hugged me and I hugged him back. 

“I will.” I grabbed my bags and went to my car putting my bags in the trunk and driving off and heading to the one place I avoided for so long. 

I got home around eleven and I was kind of thankful I didn’t have to face my parents until tomorrow. I had my own apartment close by but something smelled so good and it was doing weird things to me. 

I had no time to be worrying about some weird smell that gave me a boner. Damn I needed a shower. I got my suitcase and went through it getting a pair of boxers and a plain T.  

After taking care of my not so mini-me. I took my shower in silence and redressed and went to bed.

“When are you coming to see your father?” My ‘mother’ asked. I was on my way to work when my lovely ‘mother’ called. 

“Don’t worry about it, I’ll get there when I feel like it.” I smirked when she started cursing to herself.

“You ungrateful…” I hung up. This is why I left, we may be a countryside pack but we don’t live like it. We’re well off and my parents push the fact we’re rich in everyone’s faces and I can’t lie that I never did the same thing when I was younger and showing off to my friends. I don’t want to be around that anymore. 

“Thayne, glad to see you’re back.” My boss said. 

“Glad to be back.” I smiled. 

I’ve been working at this recovery center since I was sixteen. I was really low on cash and when my boss, the director of the center had posted flyers and posted all over my high school that he needed an assistant I jumped at the chance but I left for Paris soon after and came back for the funeral when Uncle Ethan died. Thank goodness my boss was so understanding. I’m usually responsible for answering phone calls and redirecting them when necessary, managing the daily/weekly/monthly agenda andarrangeing new meetings and appointments, preparing and disseminating correspondence, memos, and forms among other assistant type things. I even travel with him occasionally to visit other centers to see if they’re worth sponsoring and what not. 

“Do you need anything sir?” He waved me off and I groaned. I’m bored and today is a slow day. Not many kids are here today and the ones that are, aren’t causing mischief and sticking to their selves.