Whats Wrong With Me?

New house up top!

Liam POV 

“We’re mates… with our son’s teacher.” I said staring at the ceiling, lying in bed with Sebastian. 

“I don’t know what to say.” He said in a daze looking at the ceiling. 

“He smells human but smells like a wolf, how is that possible?” I asked.

“I honestly don’t know.” He said

“I wonder if he knows of our kind.” I openly thought. 

I wonder if our mates felt it too in our shared bond. Adler was currently at the packhouse because Thayne wanted to introduce him to the pack. It was too late to drive in the dark with all the weather changing and making the road too dangerous to drive. 

“We were finally complete but since returning home… I feel as if there’s another hole in my heart.” I sighed. 

“That’s how the three of us felt for the longest time.” There being Thayne, Weston, and himself. 

And now we have to rescue his son and tell him we’re mates. 

“It’s late and we have to leave for Germany in the morning.” He said turning off his bedside lamp. 

I couldn’t sleep at all last night. I had cramping all night and was running to the bathroom every few hours. I thought this was normal but after ending my call with the shelter, I called Jaylen and consulted him. He said he’ll schedule some time to fly to the pack and check me out. Thayne has been trying to find a pack doctor but none of the applicants met Thayne’s requirement. He wants the best of the best for his pack since his stepmother was so cheap with the pack and saving the best for the alpha family. 

“Are you feeling any better my little bubble buns?” Sebastian giggled. 

He caught me in the bathroom over the toilet bowl.

“I’m ok big peach.” I giggle. 

“How is Gabriel doing?” 

“He won’t stop drumming his fingers and he keeps zoning out.” He sighed. 

“He hasn’t seen his son in a minute and Caleb confirming he’s alive when you didn’t know anything of where he was or if he was alive is a lot to take in. That’s a lot for anyone to take in. I went over the files on his husband and it’s messed up. His ex-husband was related to Nikolai and was arrested several times for domestic violence and drug possession.” I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. 

“Is he alive?” I growled out. I may not have been able to kill Nikolai but this son of a bitch neglected his son and left him to fend for himself. 

“No, I found his death certificate, he died of liver failure at least two and a half years ago.” He said handing me the certificate. 

“At least Caleb confirmed he’s happy and healthy.” I smiled.

“That’s the best news I’ve heard in a long time in this line of work.” Sebastian sighed.  

When we finally landed we drove to the shelter and went to the front desk. 

“Hi, we’re here to see Jace Saunders.” 

The lady behind the desk looked hesitant but she nodded as I flashed my government credentials. I’m just trying to help my soon to be mate reunite with his son lady, help a man get some brownie points. 

“Yes ma’am?” A boy asked walking up to the front desk and he was so adorable.

"Jace." Gabriel whispered and Jace looked at him and instantly tears filled both their eyes.