Finding The Missing Piece, Part 2

If you have not read the ending of We're Still Standing, please do before reading this, this chapter is part 2 of that chapter.

Adler up top!

Adler POV

Sleep was just what I needed, but how long was the question. All I remember was being on my last mission with ten other marines in an underground tunnel being held by the enemy and a man's voice I heard in my head said help is on the way. I don't believe in ghosts or spirits, things like that but something about how he said it, like he knew what was going to happen made me believe it even a little bit.

I would have died as an active duty marine but I took it upon myself to retire after this deployment as the PTSD is starting to affect my judgment and I couldn’t have that on my conscience being neglectful to my men. I have been in the Marines for six years as a Sergeant. 

“Ah, Sergeant Barnes, glad to see you’ve woken up after so long.” I looked to see a doctor. 

“How long was I out?” He looked nervous and cleared his throat.

“Two days.” That can’t be right. I was asleep for two days?

“What happened to the other Marines?” 

“They’re all fine.” He said.

“Who found us?” He was about to answer when someone walked in and he looked like a god. Not many people knew I was gay.

“That would be me.” The god-like man said.

“Thank you, sir.” I said and he waved it off and smiled.

“Always happy to help my fellow man.” I can tell there was more than that. His body language was off as well as his tone. 

“So, what’s your name?” He asked.

“Sargent Adler Barnes, sir.” 

“No need for the sir as much as it’s the rules, it makes me feel old.” He chuckled.

“My Dad hates rules.” He smiled. 

“The name’s Sebastian Lancaster, nice to meet you.” I shook his hand and felt sparks at his touch shooting up my arm.

“Likewise, si...I mean Sebastian.” He smiled and I can’t deny I wanted to kiss those soft-looking lips. 

“Keep staring I’ll have to do something about it.” He whispered into my ear sending chills down my spine and my cock jerked. 

“S-sorry.”

We were so lost in our conversation we forgot the doctor was even there.

“Your vitals and tests all came out normal so you’re free to leave.” I nodded. 

“I’ll leave you to get changed.” Sebastian said and for some reason, I didn’t want him to.

After I was changed I walked out of my room and saw Sebastian waiting for me. What is this man doing to me? 

“Ready to go?” He asked and I nodded and it felt bittersweet leaving but my health had to come first. 

“You’ll be missed dearly, Sergeant Barnes..” I looked at the captain and saluted.

“It was an honor to serve with you, sir.” I said waiting for Sebastian. We decided to catch the same flight, seeing as though we both lived in California. 

I was packing my things when I heard a knock on my door and opened it. 

“I was wondering when I’d see you again.” I smiled at Sebastian.