Much Needed Family Vacation

Thayne POV 

When did life go to complete and utter chaos? Weston has been miserable without Liam and when he heard about Liam going after Nikolai and all he went through he wanted nothing more than to see Liam and beg him for forgiveness blaming himself for Liam’s actions. He hasn’t been eating but the bare minimum to survive and hardly spends time with the kids, sending them to the organization to play or have them play with the pack kids. He’s completely lost all sense of self and I have no idea what to do. It’s at the point we sleep in separate rooms and the kids blame themselves for him being this way. It’s a complete mess and I need help. I’ve called his family to help convince him that he did nothing wrong but he just digs a bigger hole. 

“My morning flower…” I said through the door.

“I’m not in the mood, Thayne, just please leave me alone.” I sighed

“You know I can’t do that, you haven’t eaten in three days.” He sighed and I opened the door. 

“What’s the point of eating when your best friend hates you and wants nothing to do with you?” He said sniffling. 

“Oh, my morning flower, he just needs some time. Maybe he feels left out.” I said and I ducked as he threw another vase at the wall. 

“It’s been two years Thayne, two and he hasn’t said a word to us and it may be longer now that he’s going through recovery. Life would be so much better without me in it or Liam and I don't know what to do anymore. He practically acts like it already. He didn’t even call or wish me a happy birthday. I’m twenty-four now which is huge for people in our situation.”

I sighed and just held him. 

“I know my flower. I don't know why he didn't call on the first birthday he missed but the second one he couldn't and we didn't even know if he was alive. Just give him time, he's been through a lot." 

“I’m lost without him, he was my everything.” He said sobbing into my chest. 

“I know my flower but he’ll come around.” I said and just held him. 

I hated seeing him so broken and even as his mate he still feels empty and missing something in his life, we both feel that way. 

“Why don’t we take the kids out together, they really miss you.” He sighed but relented and got dressed. 

After we're all dressed I asked the kids where they wanted to go and I should have figured as much, it was the best place for kids like Dave and Busters was for teenagers and adults so here we are on our way to Chuck E’ Cheese. 

“Ok kids you can get us a table and we’ll order the wings and pizza.” They nodded and I turned to Weston and he was still zoned out and I sighed. 

“Do you want to get the tokens and I get the pizza or do you want to get the pizza and I get the tokens?" I asked and he shrugged. 

"Sure whatever you want.” I’m about to check myself into a mental hospital I swear. 

“Love, when he gets back I’ll be sure to talk to Reece but can you please try to focus for the kids sake.” He sighed but nodded. 

“Thank you.” I kissed him and went to go get the tokens for the kids. 

“Papa we found a table.” I smiled at Easton. 

“Thanks, bud, I’ll be right there with your mama.” He ran off giggling and I chuckled. 

After we got the pizza and wings we sat down to eat and couldn’t help but smile at the fact that Weston was actually smiling for the first time in two years being with the kids.