How Do I Live?

Caleb up top!

Caleb POV 

Life with Liam has been awesome. I may be twelve years old but my life was one no kid should have to go through and pretty lonely until I met Liam and those nice doctors. I was really clingy towards Liam, always wanting to be with him and do things with him, always played by myself until I got to know a kid and hated being left alone with adults I never knew, that’s how I was taken. I thought I could trust a kid but he was working for Nikolai so I thought I could trust him. I was taken for five years being a servant, Nikolai said I wasn’t his type to be used and not worth selling so I did housework. 

I stayed with my uncle for six months and that’s when my life turned upside down being verbally and physically abused due to him being a drunk. My mama was his little sister and he blamed me. She was only twenty-six when she died. I think mama was the best but she died when I was four. We were in a car accident together. I miss her. 

 I ran away from him when he was away at the store and I don’t regret it. I spent a year total in the system, six months before my uncle at a foster home, and six months after in a shelter and the day I met Liam, my life changed in the best way possible. 

He always plays with me, I like baseball, science, reading, building things, playing video games, like being outdoors, painting, reading, music, going out to eat with our family, traveling, and meeting new people. I’m a new person and I like the new me. 

Life was great until we got to the states. Liam has been distant a lot lately and making up excuses to not talk about what’s been bothering him. He tells me I can tell him anything but he doesn’t do that. I learned from my birth mom that ‘Do as I say not as I do’ is a crap thing to say to your kids. She says you should lead by example from the beginning or it sends the wrong message and confuses young children. 

We have a court date for me to be adopted officially and live in our own house and I’m so excited I got to have my own room I can decorate how I want. I love being near water so I went with a beach theme. 

“Hey kiddo.” I look to see Liam peek his head in.

“Um, hi.” I look from my bed and internally sigh. He looks so tired and stressed. 

I miss the old Liam. 

“How do you feel about going out to eat tonight?” He actually wants to go to a busy place like a restaurant.

 I hope this was the beginning step to being the Liam I knew in Germany. When we went to Disneyland it was the first crowded place we’ve gone since we came from Germany so going to a restaurant is huge.

“Sure, where are we going?” 

“Somewhere nice so pick a suit from your closet and I’ll help you.” He said leaving probably going to get ready.

I got out of bed and went to my closet. I looked through my closet and picked a random one.

“Did you pick one?” I nodded getting ready and let him do my tie.

“It’s been a while since I wore a tie so give me a minute.” I chuckled a bit and for the first time in a long time he gave me a small smile.

After we were dressed we got into his brand new blue Ferrari F8 Tributo provided by the organization. Liam got blue cause he said it matches my eyes. 

When we got to the restaurant I could see why we had to wear a suit. It looked so expensive but Liam didn’t seem bothered so I left it be.

“Welcome gentlemen, how may I help you today.” The guy said.