Finally, Everything Is Alright

Liam POV 

"Ok Liam, this is it, the last one." Dr. Wright was about to take the last bandage off of my skin grafts. I had done them all and today he is checking to see if the last one on my thigh was healing which it should. The donor skin matched my skin tone perfectly so you can't tell I ever had brands on my body. 

The only thing I still have are the multiple mate marks which everyone says is fine but what the fuck do they know? The marks they have are from their mates, not someone who was their torturer and has to live with the damned reminder of them constantly. 

I got off the bed after he took the bandage off and this whole time I have not looked at any of the grafts because I still am not completely comfortable with how my body looks and wanted to see it all done at once. So standing in front of a full-length mirror in my boxers looking at myself for the first time since I got rescued. 

"I...I look like me." I said and touched my skin where a brand used to be and just felt smooth skin, letting it sink in that they are gone, all of them. 

"You look great Liam." Dr. Wright said and my tears let loose on my face, on my perfectly smooth cheeks. I turned and hugged the man who saved me from myself in a way. 

"Thank you, thank you so much for everything Dr. Wright. You have given me my life back." I said crying into his shoulder and he patted my back gently. 

"You're welcome Liam, I hope to never see you again." He said and I laughed wiping my face.

"Likewise. Well maybe not for this but in passing." 

"That sounds good. Now get dressed and go home, you are officially not a patient here anymore. Just make sure you keep going to therapy ok? You're walking a lot better since you're using your leg more so also keep up the leg exercises to build up that muscle. I'll recommend not wearing that hoodie when you walk out of here." He said and I got dressed in the change of clothes I brought with me which is a t-shirt and a pair of shorts, something I haven't worn in a long time. 

"Ok go on, go see your family." He opened the door and I took a breath and walked out of the room and down the hallway to the waiting room. When I got there, they all were talking or watching the TV that's hanging on the wall so I cleared my throat and they all turned their heads to me at once which was weird but whatever. 

"Hi." I said and they seemed to snap out of it and got up and I walked more into the room and Caleb was the first one to hug me tightly. 

"So I'm able to finally go home. Dr. Wright said I can leave. Do you want to go home kiddo?" I asked Caleb and he looked up at me and smiled. 

"Yes, let's go home, dad. You look amazing by the way." He said and I kissed his forehead. 

"Thanks son. I feel like me again and it is nice to not hide myself anymore." 

"You do look great Liam, it's nice to see you again." Reece said and hugged me. 

"Thank you, for everything you have ever done for me, Reece." 

"Anytime little brother, anytime. Now let's go pack and go home." We all left the doctor’s office and went to our rooms to pack quickly so we could go home. 

"Is Sebastian going to be back soon?" Caleb asked as he was zipping up his suitcase.

"I'm not sure, he said he was going to be gone for a bit so I don't know for sure when he will be back. Why?"

"Because he is really nice and you're happy when he's around." Caleb and Sebastian have spent some time together and now Caleb is always wanting to see him and talk to him.