My 1st Assignment

Liam POV 

My first mission with the Organization. We have a total of ten rescues but something about some of them seemed familiar. I don’t want to get too attached to them. 

“Are you ok Liam?” I looked up at Reece.

“I’m not sure.” I was nervous but you have to push through it for the sake of your men and the people who need your help. 

“It’s ok to be nervous and even if you don’t have your wolf spirit to back you up just remember you kicked ass in training the past few days.” He winked and I smiled. 

“You’re right. Thanks Reece.” I smiled and I hoped Caleb would be alright with Felix and Clayton’s father at our American headquarters while we were gone.

“What are the ages of the children?” Clayton asked as I looked over the files.

“Targets A and B who are in Minnesota are ten, C, and D who are in Connecticut are six and the other two are right in our own hometown in California are eight. The other four are still missing.”  I said and I swear I knew these boys

“We’re close to Minnesota so we’ll head that way.” Felix telling the driver.

It’s now or never Liam. I tried giving myself a pep talk. 

“Stay together.” Reece said.

“These people are unpredictable and we can’t afford to lose any men.”

We followed him and what I saw was sickening from blood to fecal matter to decomposing corpses. We called in some help to recover the bodies because we wanted to at least know who they were and if anything came back we’d send them to wherever they were from to have a proper funeral. 

We went room to room finding nothing but paperwork. If those boys were here they’re long gone now.

“Felix I hear something from the left side of the building.” Clayton said and went off. 

“Clayton!” Reece and Felix both yelled and we all groaned. 

“I’ll be back.” He yelled back. 

We can’t afford a rogue agent. “I’ll go get him.”

I chased after him and I saw him fighting off two rogues so I charged after them and jumped on it and stabbed it in the neck and pulled out my gun from the holster and shot the other one.

“I, uh, thanks for saving my ass.” He said.

“Let’s just go see what that noise was and don’t run off all half-cocked.” God I sound like I’m talking to Caleb. 

After walking further than I would have liked we came to a steel door and heard banging. 

Shit! How the hell are we going to get in there, did Clayton even have dynamite on him? 

“Time to test out our new gadget.” He smirked. 

“It won’t blow us up or whoever is behind the door right?” I chuckled nervously. 

“No, Liam.” So uptight jeez. 

He told whoever was behind the door to step back and so did we and the concrete surrounding the door began to crack and the door fell with the loudest noise I’ve ever heard. 

After the dust cleared we peeked inside and what we saw made my blood boil. 

“We found them.” Clayton told Reece and Felix through the radio. 

We stepped inside and they were huddled together in the far right of the room shaking and covered in dried blood and dirt. At least whoever was here last had the decency to give them a blanket to cover their naked bodies.