Hope for the best

"Jhoana! Dalian mo!" Bea shouted from their car.

She looked at herself from the side mirror and fixed a few strands of her hair.

Jhoana came out from their house, holding her heels and ran to their car. Today's the wedding of her cousin, Audrey. Obviously, they are already late kaya naman nagmamadali sila.

"Let's go!" Hingal na hingal na sabi ni Jho pagkasakay sa sasakyan.

Bea started the engine and laughed at Jho. "Hingal na hingal. That was only a 10 meter run."

"Tumatanda rin ako no. Don't judge me." Sabi naman ni Jho that kept Bea laughing.

"Love, we got to start working out again. Puro trabaho na tayo, nakakalimutan na natin ang healthy lifestyle." Bea said.

Jho looked at Bea. "Yeah, you've gained some belly na nga eh oh." She even pinched Bea's tummy.

Bea squeeled. "Jho! I'm driving."

Natawa naman si Jho. That has always been a weak point of Bea.

Luckily, they arrived as the ceremony is about to start. Jho is part of the entourage so naghiwalay na muna sila ni Bea, who sat beside Jia and Ella. Yes, they are invited too.

Jho wanted them to be there too in case you know something happens.

When the entourage started to enter, everyone was watching them. Of course, Bea was all girlfriend duties capturing Jho's entrance.

Jho waved and motioned a flying kiss.

"Asus lalandi." Jia said.

Bea can't help but smile. She sighed as she continues to watch Jho reach the altar.

"Oh problema mo?" Ella asked.

Bea looked at her. "How I wish Jho and I will be married infront of our families."

"For sure, it's Jho's wish too. Sana maibigay ko yun sakanya." Bea said.

Jia pat Bea's back. "Oo yan! Let's hope for the best."

"Speaking of families, nakita na ba kayo ni tita Lovel?" Ella pointed Lovel, who is a few pews away from them.

Bea looked at her. "I don't think so."

"Sana lang walang mangyaring masama pag nakita niya kami. We wouldn't want to steal the  attention from the newly wed couple." Sabi pa niya.

"Sabi ko nga, let's hope for the best." Jia ended.

After the ceremony, the three waited for Jho outside the church para sabay sabay sila pumunta sa reception.

But even before Jhoana comes out, an older Maraguinot met the three.

Ella cleared her throat. "Hello po, tita Lovel."

"Nice to see you po." Nakipagbeso naman si Jia.

Lovel looked at Bea.

"Hello po." Bea greeted and bowed a bit.

"The audacity for you to come in a family event of a family that you destroyed." Lovel chuckled and shook her head.

"Ma!"

Mabilisang lumapit sakanila si Jhoana.

She stepped infront of Bea, trying to cover and protect the latter from her mom who is facing them.

"Jhoana." Lovel raised her brow on Jho.

Jaja, who also just came out of the church, rushed to the commotion and tried to her mom. "Ma! Tara na!"