Why?

Platonic ship;-; DreamHalo

~

"Hey Bad, I have a question for you."

The male with brown hair and green eyes looked up from his notebook. "Hm?"

a6d fiddled with his thumb and reluctantly took a seat next to George and BBH. Was this the time to ask him? Maybe. Well, there's no going back now. Here he goes...

"I was just wondering why were you always so mean to Dream?" After he asked the question, he pressed his lips together so tight that it creates into a straight line. Even George was invested. He was now staring at Bad with curiosity in his eyes, maybe he also wanted to know the answer to that unspoken question. After all, he is both Dream and Bad's friend. 

The brunette gave a6d a faint smile before setting down his notebook on the table and facing the French guy. Wiping his eyes from behind his glasses, Bad locked eyes with him. 

"I'm guessing most people wants to know?" a6d and George looked at each other, a bit unsure of themselves making the other male sigh. 

"Dream... he's such a muffin.." a6d mentally groaned. He should've known Badboyhalo won't give out a proper answer-

"He... he's one of the first people I met. I vividly remember that time when he approached me first. With his blonde-brownish hair pushed back and glinting green eyes matching his green jacket, he introduced himself to me. Saying that his name was Clay and he wants to be friends." 

Bad breathed, the smile still printed on his face yet his look was unfocused; distant. 

"I- at that time when I first met him, I asked myself, how can someone be so smart and proper, talk to a nobody like me? I even thought that after that day, he'll leave me alone. Like he had done his job and doesn't need me anymore. But boy was I wrong," Bbh chuckled. Now his eyes had slightly softened, the smile on his face barely keeping up.

"The next day, he came to me again and continued to talk to me. And the day after that, then the day after that... and before I realized it, I made a friend. He was there when I needed someone to talk to, there to support,-heck, I even thought I was losing my mind!" George glanced at a6d then back at Bad. He was a bit surprised by what the latter has said. 

"I remembered that I asked him, looking straight at his eyes with passion," Bad made a hand gesture as if to make it more dramatic than it has already been. "I asked him, why is he keeping up with me? Sure, I've had friends before, but it never took this long until they get bored and lost interest in me, so why was he still there? And you know what that muffin did? He laughed!" He chortled while wiping an imaginary tear. 

"Clay laughed and looked me dead in the eyes and told me,

"What the hell is wrong with you? I'm your friend aren't I? Of course, I'll stay with you! Darryl, I will always be here. Your other ''friends'' may come and go, but me? I'll be here right by your side. I won't ever leave you, you understand?" Dream ruffled Bad's brown hair with a grin on his face. "Now come on, I'll buy you a muffin." He took the brunette's hand in his and they began walking their way to the nearest cafe.  

And so, that is how I know that no matter how mean I am to him, he'll be there. Like what he promised." The light in the boy's eyes had died down. He let his hair fall over his eyes as he shook his head and began balling his hands into a fist on his lap as he desperately tried to stop the tears from falling. He had to be strong. Dream wouldn't like it if he cried right there and then. 

"I guess, I was so mean to him because deep down, I know. I know that he'll still be there." Bad's face was now looking downcast. "I guess, I like to test his patience? You could say that." He bit his lip when he felt it start to tremble, "I was always reminded of that promise whenever I talk to him alone without others having to watch. I'll be there by his side and we will just laugh it off like nothing because we both knew, no matter what, we'll be there." His voice cracked at the end, within the second, he felt hot, wet tears rolling down his cheek. He immediately tried to wipe it out but the effort was in vain because more and more kept coming.

When his friends saw this, both of them were by BBH's side in a flash, each hand rubbing Bad's back to comfort the sobbing male. a6d was already feeling guilty for starting this topic. He should've known.

 Bad still tried to show that he was strong, he told them that he was okay but the thing was, he wasn't okay. He knows this because no matter how hard he tried, he's still weak. He needs him, with his voice sounding hoarse, Darryl spoke. 

"I guess, I didn't make it into the account that he could actually disappear." His breathing was shaky and uneven, "-That he could still leave, that he can be gone!" Darryl raised a fist in front of him and bit on it to stop himself from being a total mess.

He forced a smile, 

"Dream... Cl-Clay was... he was my best friend in the whole wide world. He swore that he won't leave, but in the end? He's gone. My best friend is gone..." 

Together, the two friends hugged the boy in tears. a6d felt guilt pull up in his stomach, how silly was he to ask that question?! Of course. He should've known. The pair had bantered so much and only people who're close to each other could be mean to each other because, at the end of the day, they both know that the other didn't mean it. They'll still be friends.