Met Up

DreamHalo<3 

:') dedicated to all DreamHalo shippers out there... come out and make a story, please?

Edit: I planned to make this into a five chapter stories and now I'm not sure... This was supposed to be the first chapter of it and we'll, eh. Enjoy?

The clamorous chatter seemed to get louder every second he stayed longer in the midst of the crowd, waiting for a certain individual who had spent six years in his life, supporting and being there for him despite the fact that he had just only met him through an online game they still play 'till today.

Sending a goodnight message to his boyfriend, Clay pushed himself off the wall while burying his phone in his pocket. Glancing at the watch strapped around his wrist, he mentally took note that the plane would probably have already landed two minutes ago. As he continued down the way, his nose caught a whiff of freshly brewed coffee, which would make sense considering how he had just passed a coffee shop. Flicking his tongue inside his mouth, Clay shrugged, opting to buy himself a cup to have some type of distraction as he waited for his friend's arrival.

The blonde hummed a small tune, stepping to the side to wait for his coffee—mixed with extra milk, of course. Fingers tapping the counter, his mind wandered off to specific topic he had yet discussed with Bad.

Names.

Was Bad going to use his gamer tag or given name? They had spent so long calling each other by the former that just by thinking of using the latter already sends an unfamiliar feeling down his stomach. Surely they would have to adjust at calling each other by their given names; and by they, that includes him.

Clay paused to process the thought. Calling BadBoyHalo by his real name which was Darryl. "Darryl..." he tests it out, already feeling the slight awkwardness in his tongue. His lips pulled into a frown; not bothering to thank the barista that had given him his drink; he's already preoccupied with his current thought. Using each other's real names just felt so foreign. Too intimate in his book since he was so used to calling his friend "BadBoyHalo/Bad" for the past seven years.

He then moved away from the counter and head back outside in a more likely auto-pilot mode. Clay tilted his head in a bit at the newly found thought. Then again, seeing each other face to face without the barrier of a shitty camera resolution for the first time would also count as something different. Not a thousand miles away, not a monitor, nor a screen would be separating them this time.

Dream fished out his phone from his pocket while taking a careful sip from his drink. A little bit worried as to why he had not yet received a message from his friend. It has well passed four minutes. Bad should've messaged him a while ago. 

The blonde stopped on his tracks, the coffee running back up his throat 'till he began to promptly pat his chest to stop himself from completely spitting out his drink. Dream's eyes widened in alarm when he saw that he did, in fact, get a message. The only reason he thought he didn't was because he had accidentally put his phone on silent. A rookie mistake if you ask me.

Fumbling to open his phone with one hand, Dream resumed his pace; this time walking faster than before. Mentally scolding himself for such a ridiculous mistake. For all he knows, Bad could already be wandering around the airport looking like a lost child. The blonde seriously wanted to do a facepalm right there and then if not for the fact that both of his hands are currently occupied.

Too distracted with trying to type in his PIN, Clay wasn't able to notice someone else walking down the same path as he was, also distracted by a phone in hand. "Fuck!" The blonde cursed when the collision sent his cup all over his clothes, hot coffee soaking through his dark green sweater.