A Monster In Their Eyes

EretHalo (HaRet)

Alright, let's have a deal.
I'll continue writing one-shots about EretHalo/HaRet but it will stay either strictly platonic or a couple with no kissing, or just the courting stage. There will be no angsts nor any dirty jokes surrounding this ship and I won't be using king Eret's IRL name.

Say this as a terrible excuse or whatever but I mean it when I say my intentions are harmless. Besides, I saw those comments from the last time I wrote this ship. <_<

TW: Minor violence, discrimination. 

~

Herobrine. The man feared for centuries. The myth who unleashed hell on the whole kingdom for a whole 24 hours. It was only a day but it felt like an eternity. He was last seen deteriorating inside the capital, with his soulless white eyes being the last one to dissipate, erupting from its place and being scattered around the whole lands. All of it is distributed throughout the villagers, most commonly to the children.

It was then the rumour started. Whoever possess the eyes of Herobrine are to be renounced for they will be carrying the said man's nefarious acts. It was then found out that whoever has the said eyes are able to perform unusual abilities. 

In 1992, whenever a baby is born with white eyes, they are to be immediately taken away from their family and doomed to be tossed in raging flames. Never to be seen again.

In 1995, did the abduction stopped when one spoke out claiming that what they are doing is evil itself and instead of eradicating their fear, all they are doing is feeding it. Unconsciously giving a sacrifice in Herobrine's name.

In 1996, It took a while, but the rest had conceded. Not anymore taking nor burning, but that did not stop the further discrimination that came to play.

"This is what freaks like you are supposed to be treated!" 

The boy was pushed, his lanky form unable to stop his fall resulting for his back to hit the cold cement in an ungraceful way. Air pushed out of his lungs, as three other kids cornered him in an alleyway. The boy glanced up, white eyes wide when he saw them staring down at him in disgust, shitty smirks placed in two out of the three's features. 

"What are you looking up for? Gonna do some voodoo shit on us?" The kid snorted with a laugh before giving the poor white eye boy a kick on his chest making him cough out a groan. 

Another kick, step and punch. The boy then understood that he might as well have broken a rib or two. "You're disgusting!" Sharp pain from his side,

"A monster!" Cracking from one of his legs. He doesn't know which, lost keeping track from the moment he got chased.

"You deserve to die! Go back to hell and burn!" This one was sent to his head and dear gods did it do the trick to numb at least half of the pain away. His vision blurred, the noises around him tuned and replaced by that annoying ring. Was this it? The chance he finally gets to leave this cruel place. Maybe the downstairs doesn't sound that bad. Who knows, they make it sound like hell is a much safer place to stay in.

"Hey! Stop that!" There was a shout... or was it an announcement? The boy couldn't exactly think at that moment when the feeling of warm liquid ran down his forehand and between his eyes. 

Though whatever it was, it managed to put a halt on all the harassment. Taking all of his offenders' attention away from him and unto the new person. He tried to sit up, squint his eyes to get a better look but all he was met was an awful headache. 

"What's it to you?!" One of the teenagers asked, crossing his arms to regard the mysterious voice. The rest of the sounds disappeared, ringing coming back in his ears to mess with his head once again. Gosh, if only he could-