Callahan

CallaHalo

~

"I died protecting your scrunny-butt!" Bad laughed while he made that statement. He leaned back on his chair, letting his hands leave the keyboard because he was going to be stuck spectating either way. 

A message notification from his phone caught his attention. Leaning forward to grab the device, a smile spread on his lips when he realized who messaged him. 

"We both know your accusation was a blatant lie." -Callahan

Giggling, Bad poured all his attention to his phone, now completely forgetting about his other friends that were still in the game. 

Oh, are you wondering who Callahan is? Well...

"Oh my goodness, CALLAHAN CHANGE THE SOUND NOTIFICATION!-" 

ring any bells? What about...

"Who unbanned you?! It was Callahan, wasn't it?!"

The name has popped up more than a few times before, especially during Bad's streams where he yells at his mods for letting the memes pop up in his donations. Callahan this, Callahan that... Callahan. The man who made the 'ding ding ding ding ding, ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding' sound happen. (And yes, I counted the hell out of that)

Now, do you remember? I hope you did. Someone has to...

 Because he, in which Dream called "low-budget MegaPvP" was right outside of an apartment complex, a bouquet of flowers in hand, was having a hard time breathing. It was now or never, his chance of letting himself known. 

...

Darryl placed his tablet on the drawer next to his bed when he heard soft three knocks on his door. "Come in!" He called out for his roomie to open the door and pop her head to peek in. When her blue eyes met Darryl's green ones, her whole face softened before giving the brunette a quick yet gentle smile. 

"Hey there Dar, how are you feeling?" she asked the man in the bed. Darryl took a minute to think of the right words to say, "my head's aching a bit but nevertheless, I'm alright I guess.." he was unsure but his roommate understood. She continued to smile with a bit of pity showing off through her eyes, 

"There's uh, there's someone visiting you today. His name is Callahan if I remember correctly." 

She said as she paid attention at how Darryl furrowed his brows into thinking, nose scrunching up a bit through the process. "He's.. uhm," Darryl watch when she glanced back over her shoulder before looking back at him with the same sympathetic smile, "He's a friend of yours."

After that, Darryl nodded his head to allow permission. Cal...lahan? The way the name rolled off his tongue like it was used to pronouncing the three syllabled name was already a sign that he fondly knew this person. Well, at least he used to. 

His roommate disappeared behind the door and no sooner, someone else walked in. It was a fine man with neat blonde hair. He looked pretty young in the brunette's description, he had a pair of ocean blue eyes that instantly locked gazed with Darryl's emerald green ones. 

The guy, presumably Callahan, offered him a smile that lightened up his whole room. Callahan shut the door behind him then began walking over to Darryl who was totally not awestruck at the other's presence. That's when he noticed a silver band in one of the guy's fingers causing a slight frown on the brunette. Too bad he's married.  

He had a bouquet of flowers in hand, which contains the mix of Amaranthus, Baby's Breath, and Dahlia's wrapped in green. Somehow, Darryl felt his heart flutter at the sight. Who is this guy?

"Hey," That voice. God that voice... it was like he had heard it before, how it made his heart skip a beat was the sign of it. 

"I brought these for you," Callahan spoke with ease, trying to calm his nerves. It hurt him more than it hurt the brunette. Darryl has bandages wrapped around his head and arm, 

"Callahan?" 

The way Darryl spoke his name out loud only made it harder to contain himself. Oh, how he missed his voice... why did this have to happen to him? Callahan tried to smile but it only showed off as a grimace. "Yes?"

Blue eyes watched as Darryl bit his bottom lip, looking somewhere before looking back at him in the eyes. "You must've known by now that.." he chuckled, a bit forced. "-that I have amnesia..." The pair both flinched when Darryl said it out loud. "..and I know that there are some rules that I shouldn't push it fast to remember things because it might, ''bring pain''-" The brunette quoted along with rolling his eyes, "-but, I don't know. Is there... something..- who are you?" 

Callahan opened his mouth to repeat Darryl's roommate's previous words but the former cut him off. "Who are You to me?" 

That was it. Callahan can't lie now once Darryl gave him those big green adorable eyes he so fondly used to receive. Gently placing on the bed before reaching out and grasping Darryl's hand in his. Inhaling, Callahan let out a shaky breath, his thumb softly rubbing the back of Darryl's palm. It wouldn't matter now, he already chose to halt his visit for four days, he's got to stay strong. 

Darryl was both confused and scared. He felt nervous when he noticed the light in the blonde's eyes faded, now getting replaced by glistening tears. He felt bad for the guy, he felt guilty because he doesn't remember him. He must've been someone close to him, right?

The blonde dropped to knees, now sobbing while holding Darryl's hand in between his hands. The latter felt himself also tear up, he isn't sure why but it hurt to see the other male cry. 

"D-Darryl-.. Dar, please," Callahan's voice broke, he was now sobbing. "this got to be a troll, right? Darryl, please.." Darryl was still confused, he was crying now because he doesn't understand. Who is he???

"It's m-me, Dar, it's me, Callahan. I'm one of your admins, I-" Callahan looked up and wiped a tear from the brunette's face, "-I... I'm your fiancee."

Darryl was surprised and sad. "I- I'm sorry, I don't know you. I don't-"

He hitches a breath, his eyes widening as memories of Callahan started flooding in his head, it was like an old movie where the scenes flashed in front of your eyes. It felt like he just watched a film from another person's perspective... 

His server, his admins... Meeting Callahan, hearing his voice, blue eyes... 

Darryl's shoulders raised from how overwhelming the feelings that came rushing back to him. 

..the first date, first kiss, the first touch, comforts, heartaches and then, the proposal... 

Darryl inhaled a sharp breath, his tears drying up and looking Callahan in the eyes, 

"I remember now."