Can I Be Him?

DreamHalo -UvU

~

Opening his eyes, Dream scanned around his dark room. It seemed that the sun was setting behind his curtains. His eyes then caught the familiar sight of his computer--the only source of light in his room. Hesitantly slipping out of his bed, he slowly sat at his gaming chair while placing his headset on. His TeamSpeak was open and it looks like BadBoyHalo had joined in his call alone.

You walked into the room and now my heart has been stolen

You took me back in time to when I was unbroken
Now you're all I want
And I knew it from the very first moment
'Cause a light came on when I heard that song and I want you to sing it again

With the sound of his heartbeat pounding against his ears and noticing Bad's mic was muted, his cursor hovered over to unmute BBH. As he did this, his ears were filled with the familiar sound of Darryl's soft voice. He was slightly humming until he started singing to himself the song "Heartbeat" by Christopher. 

I swear that every word you sing, you wrote them for me
Like it was a private show, I know you never saw me

Dream remained silent, enjoying the song being sung by Darryl. It was one of those rare moments that the guy actually sings something that doesn't involve any bass dropping. Taking up the courage to speak, he opened his mouth only for his faint smile to falter when he heard another voice from the call.

When the lights come on and I'm on my own
Will you be there to sing it again?

This made Darryl stop, acknowledging the third person in the call. "Oh My Goodness Geppy, how long have you been in here?" Dream pursed his lips as he listens to the person in question chuckle. "Long enough, wanna hop in on Hypixel?" Bad made a 'hmmm' noise before answering, "sure!" after that, the pair left Dream stunned in the call all alone, heartbeat slowing down at the sudden silence and emptiness he felt.

Could I be the one you talk about in all your stories

Can I be him?

~~~

I heard there was someone but I know he don't deserve you
If you were mine I'd never let anyone hurt you, no, no

There was a time when he and George were in a call together when BBH joined in. Greeting their friends, Dream paid close attention to the other's tiredness and exhaustion being evident in his voice. "Hey Bad, how's it going?" George asked only to be answered back with a low hum. "..tired." was all BBH said before silence followed up. Dream gritted his teeth, he knew the reason why his long time friend was acting like this. Bad had a stream earlier today and wouldn't you know it, Skeppy the Troll decided to join in and set his head on fire. 

I wanna dry those tears, kiss those lips
It's all that I've been thinking about

"Dream..." Darryl sniffed making Dream worried. He was busy editing a video when the guy decided to call him on his phone. Dream frowned, the calls had started getting frequent like this, it was either Darryl being tired or sad. "Hey," Dream greeted with as much cheer in his voice as he could. "What happened this time?" He asked but all he got in return was a sniff and a sigh. "..I- can you just,- can I hear you sing?" Dream faintly smiled. He and Bad used to sing together way before his YouTube blew up. Humming, he slowly started singing the first song that came into his mind. Heartbeat by Christopher.

'Cause a light came on when I heard that song and I want you to sing it again

It would always be something like this. He'll join in the call but will always have to mute his mic. He'll just stay there and listen while he waits as the pair chatter away for a video. He knows he has a choice to not join but Bad will always ask him. And that's how he finds out that he can't really say no to him. So he'll just stay in the call, his heart aching as he listens to his best friend laughing, but not because of him.

I swear that every word you sing, you wrote them for me
Like it was a private show, but I know you never saw me
When the lights come on and I'm on my own
Will you be there to sing it again?

It was such a shame they don't hang out like they used to before, just sit there in a call, having a casual conversation, telling stories about their days and...

Could I be the one you talk about in all your stories?

~~~

Exhaling out a breath, Dream stood up and closed his computer while setting his headset down. Passing the curtain which showed that the sun was no longer present only for the night to settle in. 

Can I be the one?
Can I be the one?
Can I be the one?

Despite his long nap, Dream crawled back into bed with heavy eyelids and chest. Closing his eyes, being left alone with swarming thoughts and a broken heart, he let his dreams runoff.

Can I Be Him?