Death Bed

Aghhh You guys suck(not really, ignore this. it's just how i express my feels.)

DreamHalo ftw (in my heart) also, please enjoy this one-shot! And listen to the song above cuz their version of deathbed would literally make you cry TwT

p.s I really really want to illustrate this instead.

~

The male tucked in the white-sheeted bed was staring off to the window from his left. It viewed how the sun was slowly setting, just in time for his boyfriend to arrive back from work. Two knocks startled Clay from his enchanted-like trance, slowly turning his head to avoid the nauseous feeling he has been dreading whenever he wakes up.  

Gazing to the right, Darryl appeared from the other side, now closing the door shut behind him as he entered, carrying plastics bags that he obviously just got on his way to the hospital. "Hi." Clay greeted. His own hazel-eyes softening when his boyfriend gave him a sweet smile. "Hi," his brown-haired boyfriend replied before setting the plastic bags down. "You look tired, haven't you slept?" He asked with softness in his voice that instantly made Clay's heart swell.

The latter looked away from his boyfriend, "I don't wanna fall asleep," I don't wanna pass away, was also something he wanted to say but decided against it. "I've been thinking of our future cause I'll never see those days..." when those words escaped his lips, it seemed to have gotten his boyfriend's attention. 

Thus, Clay continued. "I don't know why this has happened," he bit his lip. "But I probably deserve it.." the sick man noticed how his lover walked towards his side, now with a frown. 

"Don't say that." Bad chastised the man in bed. Thinking of how foolish his boyfriend was acting; tho it seemed that the male himself did not yet finish, "I tried to do my best, but you know that I'm not perfect." Tears began welling up at the corner of Dream's eyes, actually meaning the words he's saying. Wishing that he was stronger.

He moved his hand to grasp Bad's in his, lightly rubbing the back of it with his thumb. "I've been praying for forgiveness," he started once again, confessing to BBH of what he does every night. "you've been praying for my health." and that was true. Sometimes he would pretend he's still asleep to only listen to the small prayers Bad has been doing late at night. 

"Why? why are you bringing this up? Dang it, We've talked about this." Darryl sniffed. He held his boyfriend's hand with both of his. Clay only shook his head, "When I leave this earth-" he choked when a small sob came upon him. "I hope you'll find so-someone else..." It hurt him to say it but he really wants the brunette to know. He wants to make sure that Darryl will be happy.

By this point, the latter had shut his eyes and shook his head. Completely disagreeing with Clay's wish. Clay faintly smiled, he reached up with his left hand to wipe off the tears that had started rolling down Darryl's cheeks. "'Cause yeah, we're still young there's so much we haven't done." his boyfriend opened his eyes letting more tears fall out. 

"Getting married, start a family..." Clay listed the things he still wanted to do with Darryl but paused when the daunting realization hit him. His own smile slowly fading, "Watch your husband with his son..."  Darryl cried above him upon hearing him. 

Clay's own shoulders tense up at what he just said, his own tears pouring out, "I wish it could be me," he really do. He so badly did. "But I won't make it out this bed-" his breath hitch, eyes looking down.

"DREAM!!" Bad cut him off with a shout, the brunette's trying his best to stop his boyfriend's words that awfully sounded like it was going to be his last. By now, he was sobbing. His shoulders shaking as he wheezed out, trying so hard to take back the air he lost. 

Clay spared him a glance, his own tears still have no plan on stopping. "Oh Bad, I hope to go to heaven, so I see you once again." And he means it because in his heart he knows that is where his boyfriend will be. 

"My life was kinda short, but I got so many blessings.." 

Dream used his thumb to wipe off more tears that has fallen down his boyfriend's cheek. Bad leaned on his touch, placing his hand on top of Dream's as he did this. 

"Happy you were mine," Clay gave him a genuine smile hoping that its enough to show how grateful he is before his words slowly failing, weakening as his view starts to blur. "It sucks that it's all ending..." 

"Dream..? Babe? Clay!!" were the words he last heard before his eyes fluttered close. 

Guess I'm just really cruel on my fave ship... I planned to put another ending but eh, this sadness suits well.