(Shorts #3) He knows.

FireHalo exists?? Barely.

~

Shane stared at the house he and Darryl shared and lived in.

He sighed. Today was the day that the young man has made up his mind. He's going to have to break up with Darryl. Don't get him wrong, it's not that the latter isn't a good boyfriend, in fact, he's perfect! The only thing was...

Well, Shane's kinda losing interest on him. It just seems so different now. The time has passed, things change. Things change while Darryl, the brunette, was still the same.

Shane bit his bottom lip, eyes averting to the side as he stood still in front of the door. He heard shuffling from inside the house, familiar footsteps coming up to the door joined by quick steps from a known doggo they now both shared as their adoptive daughter. 

He heard Lucy barking as well as Darryl shushing her before finally getting the front door open. Their eyes met and in all the same pattern, Darryl gave him the same 'ol sweet smile before pulling Shane into a hug. 

A hug. 

This is why the man couldn't find the courage to break up with him.

Darryl is so wonderful, so sweet, so caring, and so so much! He's everything everyone wanted to be theirs. The lovely boy that you'll instantly regret upsetting. Not to mention, the brunette was also gorgeous and it leaves Shane to no doubt that somebody out there would love to call him theirs.

Yet he doesn't know why. Why was he losing interest in someone so kind? So loving? Shane sighed. Shaking his head as he wraps his arms around the shorter boy to hug him back.

He's happy to be with him. Happy to find someone rare, so maybe, he'll let it go for now. He'll stay for him... Darryl's not yet ready to face the truth.

Letting go, the latter moved over so Shane could get inside and start to put the groceries away. Almost tripping from Lucy's giddy paws, it took him two minutes to finally get to the kitchen and started putting away the goods.

 "Hey, Shane?" The young man heard his boyfriend called out thus he hummed in response. Turning around to face the brunette, Shane tilted his head as a way to encourage Darryl to continue. The brunette took a deep breath and, "Why do you wanna break up with me?"

Shane could not think of anything else as the sudden confrontation made his head draw blank. 

"I..." He swallowed.

"I don't know."

I just noticed that all of my Shorts are angsts... Damn.