Chapter 21.

Tuesday morning when my 6 o'clock alarm went off I sat up in my bed and grabbed my phone to turn off the annoying noise. I set my phone back on my nightstand, laid back in bed and pulled the covers over my head. That conversation with Liv has been going through my mind on repeat ever since we had it. My brain is hooked on it. I can't stop thinking about it. During school yesterday, I was safe because I don't have any classes with her and I never see her in the hall ways. Today though, today if I go to club I'll have to see her. I debated on whether or not I should get out of bed and go. If I don't everyone else with think somethings up. But if I do go I have to see Liv. I don't want to see the hurt in her eyes again. I don't want to even think about it. I turned over and faced the wall. I'm not going today.

At around 7 I got out of bed to start getting ready for school. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. When I came out and checked my phone I saw that I had some texts from Peter and Jane. She had gotten my number from Peter the other day apparently, I didn't mind. They were asking where I was. I couldn't think of a reasonable excuse as to why I wouldn't have gone so I just told them that I overslept. I think they both knew it was a bull crap reason but they didn't say anything about it.

I was already driving to school when Emma called asking if I wanted anything to eat. I gave her my order and she said okay. Normally I don't let people pay for me, but Emma and I have gotten to the point that we will just forever owe each other food. I met her in front of the gym to get my food. She had gone to this little taco place and gotten me a taco and a sweet tea. I don't actually drink soda's but I'm practically addicted to tea.

"So. how's Liv?" I felt my shoulders tense up.

"How should I know?" Emma gave me a look.

"Didn't you have club today?"

"Oh, I didn't go today."

"Well that was stupid."

"Why?"

"Because now everyone knows you're avoiding her." I stayed quiet. I mean, I am avoiding her. Who cares if everyone knows.

By the time lunch came around I just wanted some peace and quiet. No one was really doing anything or saying anything, but I was just tired of today already. I was tired of sitting in class thinking about what could happen. I was tired of worrying as I walked down the hall that I might see Liv. For some reason when Emma said that they all know I'm avoiding her I started dwelling on that. One question would lead to another, one doubt would lead to more. It was just a never-ending cycle.

As I was walking to the library, I was trying to pull my headphone case out of my back pack. I've had them in for so long they're already dying. I pushed the door open and froze. Liv was sitting at the table that I always eat lunch at. She must have heard the door close behind me because she looked up and stared right at me. I couldn't tell what she was thinking, but there was only one thought going through my mind. Run. I turned around and walked out the door. I had to stop myself from running through the halls and out to my car. Why was she in the library? I've never seen her eat in there before. I would have remembered. What if somethings wrong? Why was she at my table? When I reached my car I sat in my seat and let out the breath I didn't realize I was holding. I really hope she doesn't make a habit of being in the library during lunch.

Today has just been one annoyance after another. In basketball, Hall had us working on plays again. The same thing over and over. It was so repetitive that I was actually getting frustrated from doing it so many times. To make matters worse Jackie was purposely not throwing the ball to me. She thought it was funny or something because she would give me this little grin that irritated me. I ignored her and just kept running the plays. By the end of it I was just ready to go home.