Chapter 32.

I've practically made it through the entire day without any overly irritating conversations. Of course, people were asking who she was, but they weren't asking more than that. That is until I got to 5th period. I have some of the ball for brains in that class, not all of them, just Kaden, Jason and Alex. As soon as I walked in they started clapping, loud. I rolled my eyes and took my seat behind Jason. After they asked all their questions, most of which were inappropriate. I ended up giving Alex an earful for his little conversation with Liv. He said sorry and that he didn't mean anything by it. I believed him so I told him it was okay. After that they finally changed the subject. Instead of talking about me and Liv they started giving Jason a hard time about Emma. They kept making fun of him saying that he was whipped. My favorite thing about Jason is that he doesn't talk shit or do that locker room talk or whatever boys call it. When they said that he was whipped his response was,

"You bet your ass I'm whipped. Have you seen my girl?" The boys quickly shut up after that because neither of them had ever talked to a girl as good or as pretty as Emma. I just laughed a little bit to myself. Emma is going to throw a fit when I tell her about this next period. I sat there listening to the boys talk for until the bell rang.

"He really said that?" Emma squealed.

"Yeah, he did." Emma leaned forward on the desk with her chin in her hand. She was daydreaming a bit about Jason. I laughed a little and thought about Liv.

Our daydreaming got cut short because Ms. Scott started lecturing. We're starting a new book, we just finished The Scarlet Letter. So now we're starting The Great Gatsby. I've already read it of course, but I kind of like it when Ms. Scott lectures. She always adds her own commentary, I like seeing if her opinions are the same as mine. Before I knew it, the bell was ringing and class was over. Emma and I gathered our things and got ready to leave. When I checked my phone, I didn't have any texts or notifications from Liv. Weird.

"Are you ready to play?" Emma asked as we walked.

"Yeah. I like playing concave. I get to show off." Emma just laughed.

"Then you better have 30 points tonight." Now it was my turn to laugh. Emma was about to say something but before she did her eyes focused in on something in front of us. I turned to see what she was looking at. Coming towards us was a frantic looking Eden. When she reached us she stopped and hesitated, like she didn't know the words to say.

"What's up Eden?" Emma asked in a cautiously suspicious tone. Eden turned her attention towards me and said

"Jackie told everyone you guys have been fucking around and that you cheated on your girlfriend with her." As soon as the words passed her lips my heart stopped. She told. Jackie told. Why would she tell? Emma and Eden were talking but I couldn't hear them. I couldn't hear anything. My heart was beating so loud that it was deafening. Liv. I have to find Liv. I pushed past them and made my way through the halls. There're too many people, and none of them are her. Where is she? I ran towards Ms. Scotts class and tried to find her, that's her last class. The bell rang before I even got there. On impulse I ran into the class room with a startling presence.

"Can I help you Mayson?" Ms. Scott asked. She was at the front of the classroom getting ready to give her lecture. I couldn't speak.

"I uhh, I needed to borrow Liv for a moment." I think Ms. Scott could see the worry in my face so she said

"Okay. Liv you can go." I looked at Liv for the first time since I'd been in here. I could tell she wanted to protest, but because of the fact that there were so many eyes on her she got up, grabbed her things and walked out with me. I followed behind her in the hall way and stopped dead in my tracks. Liv wouldn't look at me. I was staring at her back.

"Liv..."

"Is it true." She turned around and faced me. I could see the tears in her eyes. I felt my whole body go cold. I couldn't speak. My hands were shaking but I was trying to keep my composure.

"I..." She cut me off.

"No. Don't speak. Because you'll say all the right things and I'll just forget anything happened. So, answer me two questions Mayson." I felt like I was suffocating.

"Did you sleep with her." All I could do was nod my head. She closed her eyes and a tear ran down her face.

"And did you tell me?" I shook my head no. I couldn't speak. The anger and hurt was flowing through my body. I was trying to say something. Anything.

"I should have known better." Her voice was soft but stern. In my head I was screaming. Trying to say the words. Trying to say anything. That she meant nothing. That it was a mistake. That I love Liv. She looked up with tears streaming down her face. The look in her eyes made everything inside me break.

"We're done." The words echoed in my ears.

"Liv please don't do this." It was all I could say. I was begging her. I felt the tears start welling up in my eyes.

"I trusted you. That was my mistake."

"Liv please." She turned around with her back pack on her shoulder and walked away. I stood there in the empty hallway alone. Tears running down my face, and an indescribable rage flowing through my veins.