Chapter 43.

"No way. That can't be true." I laughed. Liv was laughing so hard she could only nod her head.

"No, it is. I swear." I just continued laughing. Liv was telling me about how when she was little her mom gave her a plum to eat, but she didn't like it so she flushed it down the toilet. She plugged up the toilet and it started to overflow with water. Just imagining a little baby Liv flushing a plum down the toilet made me laugh so hard I was practically crying.

"I can't believe you flushed a plum down the toilet."

"It was sour, I didn't like it, so down it went." She laughed. Liv ate lunch with me yesterday and now today. Today's Friday which means I have a game today. It's also is the last game of the season. We're playing against Bell View. They're a decent team, but they mostly play inside. They don't have any outside scorers so if we can just keep the ball out of the paint we'll do good.

"Hey you okay?" I looked up at her and smiled.

"Yeah. Just thinking about the game tonight."

"Oh yeah. Last one of the season. How do you feel?"

"I'm good. I'm not nervous. I'm ready for it to be over so I track can start." Liv and I sat there talking about track for the rest of the lunch period. As we talked I couldn't help but stare at her. She's so... perfect. Her lips were pink and just a little wet. Her green eyes were so beautiful they looked like emeralds glowing in the sun. Her eyelashes are so long, and her freckles are starting to come out more, maybe she's been in the sun more, I don't know. All I know is that I love her and I couldn't imagine what would have happened if I'd never met her. I'm lying. I know what would have happened. I would have never known what it felt like to be loved by someone, and to love them back.

After lunch was over and I was in 5th period with the boys I couldn't get Liv out of my head. I'm not good at saying how I feel. I never know if I'm saying the right thing. The words just always seem to fall out of my mouth. She always says that I say the right thing or that I say the words to make her forgive me but I never know if that's actually true. I never know if what I'm saying even makes any sense. As I sat there listening to my teacher ramble on about whatever I took out my notebook and started writing a letter. As I sat there and wrote, the words just kept flowing. Before I knew it, Jason was turned around and staring at me.

"What're you doing?" He asked. I didn't pick my head up. I just said

"Writing a letter to Liv."

"You gonna mail it to her too?" At this I looked up at him and smiled. He's such a jack ass sometimes. I love it.

"I'm trying to write the perfect letter telling her...." I trailed off but he knew what I meant.

"Why?"

"Because I want too." He paused and looked at me for a second.

"Maybe I should write one to Emma."

"Sure. As long as it's not better than mine." I laughed and so did he. With that he turned around and pulled out his own sheet of paper. Copycat.

After I sat through 6th period with Emma I decided to catch Liv before she went to Ms. Scotts for her last period. I didn't hand her the letter directly. I put it in her backpack without her knowing. I didn't want her to read it in front of me, and it's awkward to just hand her a piece of paper with all my thoughts on it. I wondered when she'd find it. I wondered if she'd find it. With that thought I started worrying that maybe it fell out or that she wouldn't get it. I pushed the thoughts out of my head and told myself she'd get it. I hope she likes it.

Once that was done I ran to the gym to try and not be late. I got into the locker room and changed into my white jersey. As I put it on I looked at my number 4 on the back and smiled a bit. I'm gonna miss having a number when I get to track. It'll be fine. I was still putting my clothes on when I heard,

"Shut the fuck up Mariah."

"Why? It's true. You're a little dyke now. Especially if you fucked around with Mayson." I then heard Mariah start laughing. I walked to the back of the lockers to see Mariah and Jackie arguing. I looked at Jackie's body language. Why hasn't she hit her already? As they kept arguing I saw that Jackie wasn't fighting back. She was just telling her to fuck off or to shut up.

"The new lesbo got my sloppy seconds." When I heard that I walked in and stepped in front of Jackie. Ashlyn, her so called friend, was no help at all. She was standing by the lockers just watching.

"That's enough Mariah." My voice came out like a growl. Mariah hesitated for a second before she said

"Awe if it isn't the president dyke herself."

"Why are you even saying anything? You dated me too if I remember correctly."

"Maybe, but I didn't fall for you like everyone else." She might have a point there. She was only in it for the attention. If you haven't noticed she's sort of an attention whore. The main reason she was so mad when we broke up was because it wasn't some public spectacle. It was in the library with no one around. She ran her mouth the following week at the party because she wanted more attention. She didn't want people to stop looking at her. She made me the bad guy so people would feel sorry for her.

"Okay and?"

"And I didn't out myself to everyone because you started dating someone else." She laughed. Fuck it.

"Man, I wonder what it feels like to have this much of an inferiority complex." At this Mariah's eyes hardened a bit.

"Like do you go home and tell yourself that people like you because you tell them things. Or do you genuinely think that spreading rumors makes people like you?"

"Because I'm absolutely positive there are a lot of girls in here that would love to see me beat the shit out of you."

"Do you know why?" She wouldn't say anything. She was just glaring at me.

"It's because you make shit up, and run your mouth all over school."

"Shut the fuck up Mayson."

"See. It isn't nice to have someone talk about you. But the difference between me and you is that I'm telling the truth. Everything I've said is true."

"Shut up." When she said that she pushed me back. I smiled at her.

"That's not smart." She pushed me back again. I glared at her.

"Stop." When she went to push me again I pushed her back until she was up against the wall and my forearm was across her chest. I'm a lot stronger than her. We both already knew that. Even though I knew Eden and Emma were ready to jump in they didn't because they both knew I wasn't going to actually hit her or anything.

"Don't start something you can't finish." I growled. When it looked like she'd calmed down I pulled my arm back and walked away. Jackie was nowhere to be seen. I don't know when she left. I got back to my locker and sat down. Emma came a second later.

"You know one of these days you're going to have to just hit her in the face." I just laughed.

"Did you see where Jackie went?" I asked.

"No. She probably went outside."

"Let's go find her." Emma just nodded her head. I got up and started walking out with Emma in tow. Jackie may not be our friend, but no one deserves to be told anything my Mariah. And I know me jumping in didn't help her case.