Chapter 45.

The second Coach let us off the court I ran up the bleachers to find Liv. As I ran though I felt a twinge of anxiety. I never stay out here after the game is over, and now I remember why. I'm having to fight through people just to get up the stairs. I said screw the stairs and started jumping up the actual seats. When I reached Liv, I grabbed her face and brought her lips to mine. I just wanted to be close to her. I kissed her for a couple seconds then pulled back. Emma just gave me a smile. We stayed in the stands for a little while talking about the game. Liv showed me the video. It was hilarious. You could see me in the air looking great, ready to block the shot, next thing you see is me flying through the air. I was like 5 feet off the ground. My arms sort of flew around as I got closer to the ground, and when I hit it, I just stared rolling backwards. It was so funny. After we watched the video I decided I didn't want to sit in my gross jersey anymore.

"I'm going to go change real quick." I was already standing up.

"I'll go with you." Liv said. I nodded my head and we started walking. I think she was feeling sort of uncomfortable because some of mine and Emma's volleyball friends were sitting on the row behind them. I know Emma wouldn't ignore Liv or make her feel uncomfortable, but I also know Liv doesn't like being around people she doesn't know. So, I grabbed her hand and led her down to the locker room.

I promised Emma that we'd stay for Jason's game tonight. I don't think I've ever actually stayed for Jason's game. Not because I didn't want to, but because Emma and I usually had to go home and change for after parties, or I was hungry, or mostly because I get anxiety sitting here in the gym with all these people screaming and yelling. No, stop. I pushed that realization out of my head and walked into the locker room with Liv.

Since the games are about to start, Varsity boys and JV girls, there's no one in the locker room. I walked to my locker then sat down on the bench in front of the lockers. I turned around and looked at Liv. She was still standing in the middle of the room. I extended my hands and watched as she smiled and walked towards me. I patted my lap and let her come and sit on my lap. Her head was on my shoulder and my arms were wrapped around her. She was playing with my right hand as she sat there in my arms. I kissed her forehead and held her closer to me.

"Thanks for coming tonight." I said out of nowhere.

"You played a great game."

"It was really funny when I flew." I laughed. She pulled back and started laughing at me.

"I didn't think you'd come back down, you were so high in the air."

"Yeah Jacey hit the shit out of me."

"That was your ex, right?" She didn't sound jealous or anything. She was just asking a question.

"Yeah. She's really cool. You should meet her." She put her head back on my shoulder and sort of cuddled into my neck.

"Okay." I didn't think she'd agree. I'm not planning to go find Jacey or anything, but if we run into her at least I know Liv won't feel a sort of way.

"Hey..." I whispered.

"Yeah?"

"I love you." She sat up and smiled at me.

"I love you too." I put my hand on her cheek and pulled her into me. Her lips felt like they were in perfect sync with mine. I love the way she kisses me, and the way she tastes. She's my favorite person. She pulled back a second later and said

"You should probably change." I just laughed.

"Okay then get off me." She rolled her eyes kissed me, then got off of me and sat on the bench and watched me change.

Three quarters later and our boys are dominating. Bell View doesn't have a good basketball program, girls or boys. The boys' team is just like the girls though. The boys have one good player on their team. His name is Joseph. He's 6'2 and he's tall and muscular with a still slim build. He gets up and down the court faster than anyone else, and his ball handling is amazing. As we watched the game I was sitting in between Liv and Emma. Liv could tell I was sort of anxious so she just held onto my hand the entire time while we watched and commentated on the game. We were making fun of one of the boys on our team that got crossed over dirty when Emma nudged me and said

"Hey Eric's having a thing at his house tonight. Are we going?" It's been a while since Em and I went to a party. Last time we went to one we were both single, sort of, and I only had to look after her.

"Uhh I don't know. Shouldn't you be asking Jason?" She gave me a goofy smile then started laughing.

"Yeah you're right. It's just a habit to always ask you. But are you gonna go?" I just shrugged and looked at Liv.

"Do you want to go?" She looked to the left then said

"If you want to then yeah."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, we can go. It sounds fun." She smiled at me then gave me a kiss on the cheek. I just nodded.

                                                           --------------------------------------

"You're sure? Because we don't have to go." Right now, I'm driving Liv and I to Eric's house, and Emma is meeting us there with Jason. I don't know how I feel about this. Liv doesn't seem like the party type and I really don't know if it's a good idea that we go. In all honestly, I'd of much rather just spent the night at my house with Liv watching movies, but Emma asked me to come. Despite the fact that she's with Jason now, I still feel like it's my job to watch out for her. She's my best friend.

"Yeah I'm sure." She doesn't sound sure.

"Okay." After Jason's game Liv and I drove to my house so I could shower and change to go to Eric's. Once I had changed and was ready to go I realized I hadn't eaten since 11 o'clock this morning. I can't eat before games, so Liv and I picked up something to eat on the way.

When we got to Eric's I started feeling anxious, which was weird, because I never feel like this at parties. I wondered if I was feeding off of Liv's nervous energy. It's possible. As we waded through the crowd I hooked my finger through Liv's beltloop. When I saw Emma and Jason in the living room we walked over to them and sat down on the couches next to them. After a while the ball for brains came up and started messing and joking around with Jason and I. Emma gave Liv a little eye rolling look and they both laughed.

"It's because she's a bitch." Emma's telling them what happened with Mariah in the locker room. I'm not listening though. Liv keeps giving me this look. I can't explain it, but it makes me want to kiss her.

"Mayson what did you say she has? Something complex." It took me a second to register what she said.

"An inferiority complex."

"Yeah that! You should have seen how mad she was..." Emma kept talking but I stopped listening again because I felt Liv's hand on my thigh. No one was paying attention to us. Liv then leaned in and whispered in my ear.

"Do you want to get out of here?" I nodded my head and looked around.

"Hey guys sorry but we have to go already. I need to get her home." I was just making things up but everyone knew I was full of it. Emma gave me a little wink and a condescending smile. They boys all said bye and with that we walked out.