Chapter 23.

I didn't even ask if she wanted to get food. I just drove to Chick Fil A. As I pulled up to the speaker I ordered her the number 2 deluxe, the same way she got it the first time we came here, and I got her a sweet tea. Same as last time. I then ordered my food. When I sat down and turned to look at her she had this look on her face that I couldn't read.

"What?"

"You remembered what I wanted." I just smiled a bit. I remember what she gets from every place we've gone. When I pulled up to the window to pay Liv grabbed my wallet out of the center console and wouldn't hand it to me. I cocked my eyebrow as she pulled a 20 out of her back pack.

"No way."

"Too bad." The lady behind me opened the window, but I didn't turn around.

"Um excuse me you had..." I still didn't turn around. Liv gave me a sly little smile then said

"Yes ma'am, that was our order." I was still looking at Liv. She rolled her eyes and then leaned over me to the girl in the window to give her the money. Liv stopped before she sat back down and looked at me. She gave me a smile that I couldn't help but smile at.

"Fine." I mumbled. I turned around and the girl handed me back the change and then our food. Liv put the bag at her feet and I drove off. I wanted to take her somewhere. I wondered if she'd let me.

"Do you need to be home at a certain time?" Liv gave me a somewhat suspicious look, but nonetheless said

"No. I don't." I looked at the road and smiled to myself.

"Okay." It was already 7:30 by the time I got us to the baseball fields. I pulled around to the back of the fields. There's a place behind the outfields that you can park on. From there you can get to the field. As soon as I'd parked Liv turned to me and said

"Are you taking me here to kill me?"

"Maybe." She stayed quiet.

"Just come on." I got out of the car and walked over to her side. She got out with the food so I grabbed my maroon hoodie out of the back seat and took my hair out of the pony tail it had been in. We walked the short distance from my car to the field.

"Mayson how are we even going to get in?"

"Just trust me." We walked all the way up to the dugout and went in through there. They never lock the gate, and one of the light poles is always on for some reason. There are no camera's here though. I know that for a fact because last year the seniors did an awesome senior prank by painting all the bases, the white lines on the ground and even parts of the dugout pink. They even wrote SENIORS in the outfield. No one knows who did it. The sun was already going down, and we had a great view of it from Homeplate.

"Okay. This is pretty cool." Liv said as she started unpacking our food.

"Do you like baseball?" We were sitting on the grass turf behind Homeplate so we wouldn't get dirt all over us.

"Not really." She said.

"Do you?"

"It's my favorite sport."

"I thought track was your favorite sport."

"It's my favorite sport to play. Baseball is my favorite to watch." Liv thought about it for a second before she asked

"Why?" I paused for a while.

"Because when things were really bad with my anxiety I never felt like I was okay. I was constantly worried that I'd just stop breathing out of nowhere. But when my brother would play here, I always felt okay. Like I didn't have to worry, I could just sit and watch him play." Liv stayed quiet.