Chapter 27.

Jackie's POV

Mayson has been blowing me off for the past three weeks. It's starting to piss me off. What's her problem? Every time I ask her to hang out or come over she makes up some excuse as to why she can't, or just says no. Like what the hell? I don't understand what her deal is. It's not like I'm asking to date her. I'm not asking for her for anything more than what we've been doing. It's a pretty fair trade if you ask me. I told her straight out in the beginning that I didn't want to date her. I mean I don't think I want to now either, but I'm not quite sure. It wouldn't hurt for her to actually pay attention to me. Either way I'm not like her. I can't just date a girl, but Mayson is still pissing me off. Another thing that's annoying is that she's always with that girl. The blonde one. I think her name is Olivia. I've seen her at the NHS meetings, but I'd never actually paid attention to her until I saw her with Mayson. Mayson is always taking her home and half the time she's the reason why Mayson can't hangout. I'm not jealous. At least I don't think I am. On the bright side I still have Asher wrapped around my finger. Ever since he cheated on me that one time he's been trying to 'make it up to me' as he says. I'll never actually date him again but he's fun to have around. It's nice to know I can call him whenever I want.

"No, I want to go to the mall." Ashlyn bitched. She's so annoying sometimes.

"Fine, whatever." I ignored her and started listening to whatever bullshit Mariah was making up this time. I honestly have no idea why we still sit at this table during lunch. Ever since Emma started dating Jason she always sits at his table. Mariah and Mila on the other hand just talk shit about any and every one to us and some of the other girls on the volleyball team.

"She's so overly sensitive. You can't say anything without her getting butthurt. It's so stupid." She whined. I rolled my eyes.

"You're the same fucking way." I moaned.

"No, I'm not."

"Yeah you are." She was about to say something else but I cut her off

"Don't even. I don't feel like arguing with you right now." She rolled her eyes and went back to talking to Mila. Ashlyn turned and looked at me.

"What's up your ass?"

"Nothing." I'm annoyed because of fucking Mayson. I didn't want to be here anymore so I stood up and grabbed my backpack.

"I'm going to the bathroom." Ashlyn just waved me off and started talking to the others. I walked out of the cafeteria and into the hallway. I don't know where I'm going, I just don't want to be with those idiots anymore. Mayson always eats in the library, maybe I'll just go over there. Maybe we'll have an actual conversation for once.

When I walked into the library I realized I hadn't actually been in here at all this year. Weird. I looked around and saw Mayson sitting at a table with of all people Oliver, or whatever her name is. I stood in the door and sort of looked at them for a second, that's when I saw that they were holding hands under the table. The way Mayson was looking at her, it was so obvious they were together. I guess Mariah was right about something for once. I turned right around and walked out into the hall. What the actual fuck? She chose that girl over me. I started to feel something in my chest. It was more than just anger. She is not getting away with this.

                                                              ------------------------------------

Mayson's POV

Things have been going really well with Liv. Ever since I spent the night last weekend I've felt like I'm invincible. Like for once everything is okay. Like I can finally breathe. When I'm with her I don't feel like I'm having to pretend or hide who I am. The fact that she knows almost everything about me is amazing. I don't know, I just feel like everything is going great for once.

Liv decided to eat lunch with me today. I really like it when she eats with me. Normally she eats in the cafeteria with Peter, Jane and Carter, but when Peter has his own club meetings during lunch she comes to the library so she isn't third wheeling.

"I like basketball but I can't wait for track to start." I said truthfully.

"I know. I want to see you run."

"We're going to have a really great relay team this year too."

"If that's the case you better go to state." I smiled a bit then reached under the table to hold her hand. She gave me a cautious look. I looked around the library, there's no one really in here, and the ones that were in here weren't paying attention to us.

"We're fine." I said. She playfully rolled her eyes and then went back to reading the book she had. I pretended to read mine but ended up just staring at her for a while. She's just so beautiful.

Towards the end of lunch, I reached into my pocket for my phone then realized that it wasn't there. I had put my phone on the table because it kept falling out of my back pocket. We were still reading, or she was, when my phone started going off. Liv looked at me and said

"You gonna get that?" I picked up my phone and looked at the notifications. When I saw them, I sort of scrunched my eyebrows together. Both my basketball and volleyball group chats on snap were blowing up. I pulled my hand back from Liv's and opened the snap. The first thing that popped up was a video from Mariah of someone standing in the library zooming in on Liv and I holding hands. I looked at the conversation.

Mayson's caught another one guys

Who is that girl

I think her name is liv

Yea, I've seen her before

I told u she had a new gf

Good job may she's cute

Hey Mayson I thought you liked brunettes over blondes

Should someone warn her

Haha nah she's fine

I can't breathe. My hands started shaking. I looked at the other group chat and it was just as bad, if not worse. This can't be happening. No one is supposed to know. Who took the video? Why would Mariah do this? Why the hell wasn't I more careful? I felt my heart start racing again. It was booming in my ears and the pressure in my chest started to build.

"Mayson. What's wrong?" I couldn't answer

"Mayson you're scaring me. What happened?" I looked up at her. I could barely get the words out.

"I'm sorry." I gave her the phone and waited. I felt my fingers go up to my neck. She set the phone down and sucked in a breath like she was about to say something but didn't. When she looked up at me there was a look in her eyes that I couldn't read. She didn't say anything. She just stood up, grabbed her bag and walked out of library. Shit, shit, shit. This can't be happening.