WARNING!
- Angst

.•.•.•.•.••.•.•.•.••.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.••..•.•.•.•.••..•.•.••.•.•.
『3rd Person』
.•.•.•.•.••.•.•.•.••.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.••..•.•.•.•.••..•.•.••.•.•.

The little fox walked past the fields and farmers, only paying attention in front of the path that lead them to their next destination. Passing by a mother and her child, the child looking at the masked person who passed by them in awe. "Don't stare, it's rude..!" However, the mother noticed this and whispered yelled at her own son. Yet, the little fox didn't care and just kept on walking.

Until, they heard a thud behind them after a minute or two after passing by the mother and her child.

Out of curiosity, they looked over their shoulder. Only to see a familiar burgundy-haired boy. A groan emitting from him as he laid on the ground in a face plant position, not caring about his face getting all dirty.

Tanjiro slowly started to lift his face off the ground, getting into a position where he sat on his legs.

He looked for the stick he was using to help him stay standing up, which kinda helped. When he grabbed his stick he was using, he noticed he was under a shadow, a persons shadow. Looking up to see the owner of the shadow, he was met with the same person he followed the whole week in the final selection. Tanjiro heart started beating, seeing how a bit closer they were in front of him. The little fox tilted their head at him, making Tanjiro heart beat even more on how he found that adorable.

The little fox stood up, turning around and walking away. Leaving the boy, sitting there on the path.

'Eh?' Tanjiro thought, completely dumbfounded at what the little fox just did. After a minute of progressing on what just happened, he was confused. But he pushed it aside, quickly getting up with the stick he was using.

Tanjiro had no idea why he tried to catch up to the little fox, he barely even knows them and yet, he feels like he's a close friend of them. "W-wait! Wait for me!" Tanjiro yelled out, even though he knew they were just gonna ignore him and keep on walking anyways. But he was wrong. The little fox stopped in their tracks, turning around halfway, they looked at him. Tanjiro was shocked, could they be warming up to him? He smiled, catching up to the little fox with a sunshine smile. Little did he know, the little fox didn't know why they did that. They just felt like it, and it seems like they didn't regret it at all as Tanjiro started happily talking to them. But after awhile, he got silent. The silence made the little fox uncomfortable. They looked at Tanjiro out of the corner of their eye, wondering why he got silent again. Tanjiro had a sad frown on his face, looking down at the ground and finding it interesting to look at as he was stuck in his thoughts. The little fox suddenly stopped in their tracks, causing Tanjiro to snap out of his thoughts and stop as well. He stared at the masked person beside him, staring in confusion on why they suddenly stopped.

The little fox crouched down to the ground, placing their index finger in the ground and dragging it in the ground.

Tanjiro guessed they were writing something, which peaked his interest. 'Could they not be able to talk? Is that why they're writing in the ground?' Tanjiro kept questioning himself, not noticing that the little fox was already done writing what they wanted to write.

Tanjiro felt a tap on his shoulder, looking at who tapped on his shoulder. He saw that it was the masked person, soon following the finger that was pointing at what they wrote.

He squinted at the writing, leaning a bit closer to read it better.

"(Y/n).." He slowly read aloud, even mumbling it a few times to test it out. Tanjiro was confused on what they just wrote, why would they suddenly be writing something all of a sudden. Until it hit him like how the demon punched him into the tree.

"That's your name?!" Tanjiro yelled out, shocked but happy at the same time that they were finally telling him their name.

The little fox, now known as (Y/n), nodded. Even the response made Tanjiro more happier than he already was, he was on cloud nine. He was happy that (Y/n) was actually warming up to him, it was like a blessing for him. Tanjiro grinned at (Y/n), who started walking ahead. But the innocent looking smile soon turned into a sinister smile, along with the kind eyes becoming dark and having a hint of adoration in them. Yet, it quickly was replaced by the same innocent smile and kind eyes when (Y/n) turned around and waited for him to catch up once again. Once Tanjiro caught up to them, he went back to his talking. The sun setting as he talked.

.•.•.•.•.••.•.•.•.••.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.••..•.•.•.•.••..•.•.••.•.•.

Tanjiro realized that they were already at his destination, both of them stopping feet's away from the cabin.

'I made it.' Tanjiro thought, staring at the small cabin. 'Urokodaki..Nezuko...' He said the names of the two people in his head, suddenly feeling exhausted. (Y/n) turned around to walk away, not bothering to say a goodbye to Tanjiro. He noticed that, he was upset that he wasn't gonna see them again.

He didn't want them to leave, he wanted them to stay. He wanted them stay with him forever, till death separates them.

But (Y/n) immediately stopped walking away after they heard a loud creak from the small cabin. Both (Y/n) and Tanjiro turned their heads towards the sound, only to see the Shoji door being kicked down by a leg from the inside of the cabin. Tanjiro face turned into shock once he saw a familiar being come from inside the cabin, one who Tanjiro worried about for two years. And the person who Tanjiro worried about for two years, was Nezuko.

She walked over the shoji door that was knocked down, not having a care in the world.

"Aaagh! Nezuko, you..you're awake!!" Tanjiro yelled out, catching the said latter attention. Nezuko walked towards Tanjiro, causing him to try and quickly walk towards her as well. Yet, he was too reckless and fell.

He was about to stand up, only for pale arms to wrap around him. His eyes widen, soon being filled up with tears. Hugging his sister back, the tears started falling down like a waterfall. "Oh, Nezuko! Why did you fall asleep like that? And why did you sleep for so long?!" Tanjiro asked his sister questions, even though she couldn't speak with the bamboo muzzle on. "I thought you might die!" Tanjiro yelled out, hugging Nezuko tighter as if she'll disappear. Soon enough, a old man with a tengu mask hugged both the teenagers. Crying behind his mask. "You came back to us alive..!" The man whispered, his voice cracking. The three of them not noticing that (Y/n) was still there, watching the whole thing in confusion. Their head tilts at the scene before them, not understanding what is happening.

 Their head tilts at the scene before them, not understanding what is happening

.•.•.•.•.••.•.•.•.••.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.••..•.•.•.•.••..•.•.••.•.•.

The reader finally tells Tanjiro their name! It also seems like they're warming up to him, yet still cold. In the next chapter will be manga spoilers!! Sorry that I didn't make this longer, I'll try making it longer next time! ((yes i did edit the lust into adoration since i realized ya'll probably thought it in a more sexual way.))