Chapter 4: False Feelings

I stare at my phone screen, just waiting for a text. I know it won't happen. It's been two weeks, no texts or anything. He doesn't care about me, but maybe he does? He was so sweet.

Okay I should just text him. No reason not to.

Hey

It's a simple hello. I didn't want to put too much with it, so I don't seem desperate.

I watch as he opens my Snapchat. He doesn't type, instead I watch as his name turns into just his user.

He fucking blocked me.

I groan and throw my phone to the side of me. I can't believe how much of a jerk he is. He's so entitled and self conceded.

I get up and go into my bathroom, turning to show to boiling hot. I undress and step in, playing my music on my phone.

I frown out the frustration with the water.

There's no way someone could just do that.

***

I walk into the library, ignoring his look as I go to my usual spot. I want to scream and cuss and tell him how much of a bitch he is. His face makes me angry. His name makes me angry. His voice makes me angry.

I just wished he would actually like me.

No, actually I wish I wasn't such an idiot that night. I knew what I was doing, I knew that he was bad news. I had that feeling right when he came over to me in the library. I should of ignored him.

I can't get over it, Madeline. He just sits there and pretends I don't exist and what we did didn't happen. I can't believe him!

I text Madeline while I clench my teeth. I don't know why I'm so worked up about it, like I said it's been two weeks.

Just ignore it. He's bad news.

I put my phone down on the table and grab my books.

"Hey." I hear a voice. I look up and see the one I'm hating the most right now.

"What do you want?" I roll my eyes and close my book.

"Look, just wanted to say sorry for doing what I did. It was a dick move." He says quietly.

"I know what game you're playing. You just want to have sex with me again. It's not happening." I look back down at my book and reopen it.

He pulls a chair and sits in it, but doesn't say anything. I glance up and him and he's just staring at me.

I roll my eyes again.

"I'm not leaving until you talk to me." He sighs, rubbing his hands together.

"You know, all those rings are going to scratch if you do that." I say with a deep voice.

He chuckles and puts his hands back down.

"Talk to me."

"We already talked." I flip through the pages and begin writing down the material.

"I mean actually talk. We fucked, yeah, but let me get to know you." I cringe at his choice of words.

"What are you talking about? Nothing ever happened." I can play the game too.

"Oh something did happen. Three times to be exact." He crosses his arms.

I cringe, "You're disgusting."

"You're a freak." He laughs.

I blush. "I know you just want sex, so please just leave me alone. I don't want to go through this again."

"I don't want sex."

"Then what do you want?" I raise my voice and look at him.

I see his jaw clench. "Forget it." He gets up and leaves me. I mentally scream from all the anger built up inside of me.

I glare at him as he sits back at his table, beside his best friend Sam. I see the two start talking, then Sam's eyes meet mine. I look away quickly.

I feel my cheeks heat up. They know I'm looking.

I hear a chair scoot and I look up again, and now Sam is walking towards me.

I watch as he takes one of the chairs from my table and sits. "What do you want?" I groan.

He laughs, "I come in peace. Look, Colby has this issue that he's trying to overcome." I glance over to him, he's just biting his fingernails.

"He doesn't know how to show his feelings and he tried to show them but it didn't go as planned. He really does like you." I watch Sams face for any expression my that may indicate it's just a joke or something. I see nothing but a genuine boy.

"Sam, I know this has absolutely nothing to do with you and I hate to get you caught in between us, but I'm just another piece of meat to him. He made sure I knew. It's false feelings." The bell rings with perfect timing. I give Sam a small smile and put my things back in my bag, leaving him at the table.