Chapter 32: Fighter

I clap as I rock Cain in his car seat. I watch Colby walk down the stage, shaking hands with our administrators and principals. I'm so proud of him. I'm so proud of not only the father he's become, but the man he is now too.

It's amazing see how much someone can change for their child. He's calm, caring, passionate, and observant. He's amazing with Cain. I've never seen a connection as strong as his is with Cain. Considering Cain is only two months old.

Sam claps beside me, yelling Colby's name. You'd never guess Colby, the man child, would be gradually only an honor graduate but a year early, at 17. After he had a baby.

I look down at Cain, who is sound asleep with huge headphones places on his ears. He looks hilarious.

I look back up, Colby is walking to his seat with a big smile. I really do love that stupid man child.

***

"Congratulations daddy!" I hold Cain up as we approach Colby. He smile and gets Cain out of my arm, kissing his cheek as he holds him. He looks up at Colby, smiling wide.

"Somebody missed their daddy." Sam laughs.

"He always does, don't you bubba?" Colby smiles at him, switching to his baby talk.

I roll my eyes smiling. "Are we still going to eat? Maddie wanted to meet us there." I ask him.

"Yeah, I don't have anything else to do here so we can lea-" "Colby!" We all look, seeing Ivy come towards us. I groan, putting the carseat down. This is going to take a while.

Colby glances at us with a look. She's been nonstop messaging him since Cain was born, aka when he cut her off. She's like a crazy ex, that isn't even an ex.

Colby turns around and faces her as she gets closer. "Hey," he trails off.

"Hey, I've been trying to get ahold of you." She says, stopping to giggle at Cain, trying to touch his face before Colby moves him away from her. She frowns slightly, "Did you lose your phone or something?" She smiles at him.

"No, I didn't. I told you it was different and that we couldn't see each other anymore." Colby rolls his eyes before handing me Cain. She looks me up and down with a smug face. I raise my eyebrows, twisting my head to the side to give her a "what's up?" look. She scuffs and looks back at Colby, "It's not like you're dating her. You know you miss fucking me." Her hand reaches out and touch his arm. My jaw tightens as I bite my cheek, trying to not go crazy on the bitch.

"No," Colby moves her arm, "I'm not dating her, but my life is devoted to her and my son now. So please, leave me alone." Colby turns around and gets Cain, leaning down and putting him in his car seat. She doesn't leave.

She walks closer to me, "Is he even Colby's, Amara? Come on don't lie to yourself." She laughs. Sam steps up between the both of us. "Get out of here Ivy, don't you have something else you could be doing?" He asks her.

"No I don't." She shrugs. "Just admit you're a whore, Amara. What did you do? Play a pity party for him to sleep with you?" My fists tighten. Colby finally leans up, putting a hand on mine. "Calm down," he whispers in my ear. "Go, Ivy. Before you regret something." Colby says.

"Is that a threat?" She asks him.

He groans and rolls his eyes, "Come on," he picks Cain's carseat up and begins walking away. Sam and I follow.

Before I could get too far, I feel a hand pull on my shoulder, turning me around. Ivys hand then strikes my face, an intense burning feeling feels my face. I gasp and hold my cheek, looking at her. I clench my teeth as I stare at her. Colby and Sam stand in shock.

My first balls and before I know it, it's connecting to her face. She falls in the ground, holding her lip. "Amara!" Sam yells.

"Fight me bitch, come on! I dare you!" The parking lot is nearly empty, nobody notices us.

Colby tries to pull me away but Ivy stands up, grabbing my hair like a little bitch. I laugh and grab her hand, wrapping it around her back before she screams in pain.

She falls to the ground and I get on top of her, my fist repeatedly hitting her face. She tries to block herself but can't. I feel arms wrap around my waste, pulling me up and off of her.

"Don't fuck with me! I'll have your ass on the ground again, got it? Try me again bitch, I dare you!" I yell as Colby carries me away. He smirks as he puts me back into his car. I cross my arms in the seat, his arms on either side of me as he leans over me. "Crazy ass." He laughs and buckles me. Sam puts Cain in the back. Colby checks his seat before getting in the car himself.

"What the fuck was that." Sam laughs.

"I got mad." I shrug, not making eye contact with either of them.

"You just heat her ass!" Colby laughs.

"She deserves it." I mutter.

Sam puts his hand up, signaling me to give him a high five. A small smile creeps on my face and I slap his hand. "Badass." He laughs.

Colby shakes his head, putting his car in drive.

"At least the baby didn't see it." Sam says as he takes the earphones off Cain's head.

I smile and turn around, peeking at him over his car seat. Cain smiles at me when he sees me. I smile back and turn back around.