Chapter 38: Results

Last night was awful. He kept looking at me, smirking and following my body. I hated it. I never wanted to feel like this again. On top of that, he could of got me pregnant. I don't want another baby, especially when I was raped.

It's 8:30 in the morning. Nobody is awake yet. Sam and Katrina ended up staying in Cain's room on an air mattress.

I didn't sleep. I didn't want to. If I let my guard down, he could of done it again. Even with everyone here.

I peak my head out my door. I see John still asleep on the couch. I go to Colby's door and open it. He was awake on his phone. We're used to being up early because of Cain.

I smile at him and walk in, shutting the door quietly behind me.

"Good morning." I say and climb beside him.

"Good morning," he smiles and puts his arm around me. "Hey, what was up with you last night?" He asks quietly.

I shrug, keeping quiet. He would freak out.

"Come on, Amara." He says.

I sigh and get up. I walk to my room, grabbing the bag with the test in it. I haven't taken it yet. I'm too scared to.

I come back into his room and shut the door behind me. He's now leaning up in his bed. I gave him the bag, my eyes dropping to my feet.

I can hear the crinkle, "What the fuck is this?" I look at him. His eyes are wide.

"I-"

"Who the fuck have you had sex with? When did you find time to?!" He yells before I could finish. This is the reaction I figured I would get.

"Colby, calm down," I whisper. He rolls his eyes and throws the box down.

"I don't know what excuse you're going to have. You're an idiot, Amara. How could you-"

"I was raped, Colby." He stops talking when I speak up.

He doesn't say anything. Instead he just stares at me with confusion. I sit on the bed next to him, taking the box from him. "And I'm not sure if I am or not, I'm just making sure."

I can see Colby's fist ball up form the corner of my eye. He puts his elbows on his knees and looks down.

"Actually I'm going to right now." I whisper. I need to take it, just to get over with it.

I walk into his bathroom, putting my hands on the sink as I take a deep breath. He's so angry with me. How is he going to get over it?

I turn on the sink, splashing my face quickly. Then I take the test out of the box. I unwrap it and stare down, trying to stay calm.

I sit on the toilet and quickly take it, making sure to do it right. If I'm pregnant, what am I going to do? I don't want another baby. I don't know if I can have an abortion though. How will my parents react? How will Colby react?

I put the lid on the test and set it down on the sink. I wash my hands and leave the bathroom. Colby is in the same position he was when I left.

I sit on the end of the bed to wait.

I can hear him move. I feel his weight come beside me. "I'm sorry," he whispers, putting his arm around me.

"It's not your fault." I say quietly. I look at him, his eyes are watery.

"I'm suppose to protect you. It shouldn't have happened. I shouldn't have let it happen."

"You couldn't control what he did, Colby." My heart beats faster when I feel my anxiety increase.

"When did it happen? Who was it?" Colby's hand sits on mine.

"I can't tell you." I wipe a tear.

He sits there thinking for a moment. His hands grip the sides of his bed. "It was John." He says quietly. I press my lips together, how did he know?

"N-no." I lie. He can't know the truth.

"He was here a couple weeks ago. He wanted to see you, I-I thought it would be good for you." He stands up abruptly.

I open mouth to speak, but his fist slams against his dresser, causing me to shut it again.

"That piece of-" the timer shuts him off.

I stand up and push past Colby, walking into his bathroom. I stare at the bottom of the test. I flipped it over so I couldn't see. I can feel Colby behind me. His hand touches my shoulder. My eyes water as I stare. I couldn't look at it.

"Can you look?" I whisper, connecting my eyes to his. He nods and flips it over, bringing it closer to him. His face turns bright red. He throws the test down and storms out the bathroom.

My hand shakes as I bend down to pick it up. I already know the answer. I flit it over. The blue cross is faded, but there. I'm pregnant.