Chapter 33: Moving Out

-Colby-

I walk around the apartment, looking at the different room. I'm so lucky and grateful I was able to do this. Amara has no clue that I even considered this. She knows that Sam and I's youtube is doing well and she knows I've been thinking about getting my own place, but it's actually happened.

I got emancipated last week and I'm already in my own place. It's a nice three bedroom apartment. Well, technically two bedroom but it has an "office" area that I'm not going to use. Pretty spacious and honestly is perfect.

I lay on the floor, stretching out in my bedroom. I've already got everything from my moms house, per her request because I'm apparently "dead" to her now. I just have to wait for Sam so he can help me move everything in. I plan on asking Amara if she wants one of the rooms. She doesn't have to live with me necessarily, but I'd like for her to be here a lot with Cain. That way she doesn't have to worry about always driving back and forth. I've honestly already been thinking of how I'm decorating Cains room. I know, such a girly thing to say.

My doorbell rings and I get up. I get to my door and open if, seeing Sam smiling while holding a bad of McDonald's. "Oo, you got me food?" I ask him.

"You're favorite." He smiles and hands it to me.

I let him in and sit on my kitchen counter. "Have you talked to Amara yet?" He asks me as he sits on the floor.

"Not yet, she doesn't even know I moved in here. I'll probably go today." I take a bite of my sand which.

"Do you think she'll agree to move in?" He asks me.

"I don't know. I want to at least let her have a room here. And Cain of course."

"Have y'all talked about the-"

"The kiss?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

"Yeah," he sighs.

"No. I don't think we will." I look down at my food.

The truth is that I want her. I want to be a family. I want to show her love and let her know how much she means to me. But, then comes my fear of being a bad guy. My fear of being my dad. I don't want to risk that. I don't want to ruin her more than I already have. But, I love her. That's the hardest part.

"I'm sure she would love to." Sam tells me. He stands up, putting his food in the trash.

"Let's get started."

***

I walk up the stairs of Amara's house, frowning when I can hear Cain crying. He's stating to teethe now that he's four months old, and he's not too happy.

I open her door, she's walking around her room, bouncing him is her arms. She sighs in relief when she sees me.

"Please, please take him. I can't do it anymore." I can see the tears in her eyes. I nod and take him from her. He starts to calm down a bit when I sit on her bed with him. I wipe his snot and drool with my shirt and kiss his head. Amara lays on her bed, watching me.

"He's been like that all day." She tells me.

"He just wanted his daddy, huh?" I smile at him. He sucks on his hand, probably trying to find some type of relief.

"You can have em'." She laughs.

We sit in silence for a moment. I've been keeping the apartment from her for two weeks. She has no clue that I moved in, or that she and Cain both have a room.

"Come on, I have something to show you." I get, nodding my head to her door.

"I can't just leave, Colby. I have parents." She rolls her eyes.

"We are parents, now come on." I laugh. I start walking out her room. I hear her sigh as she stands up. Her footsteps follow me.

I grab Cain's car seat and quickly take it out to my car. Their front door closes behind me. "Colby!" Amara yells. I have Cain strapped in before I know it.

"Where are we going?" Her eyebrows furrow as she stops beside me.

"You'll see." I smile.

***

I pull into the parking lot, parking close to the side I'm on. Amara's face lights up as she smiles. "You got the apartment?" She laughs.

"Correction, we got the apartment." I smile at her. Her lips open in shock.

"Colby, I haven't even graduated. You really think my parents would be okay-"

"Yes, I do. I've already talked to them. It's up to you now. If you would like to move in with me, you can. You and Cain." I tell her.

She blinks quickly, looking back to the building. "Colby that's a huge step."

"I think we can do it." I shrug.

She breathes out, I look over waiting for an answer. Her lips turn upward. "Alright."

"Alright?" I smile.

"Alright." She nods, looking back to me.