Chapter 9: Back To School

I walk through the hallway alone. I can feel people looking at me, the marks from the wreck still visible. I can see people lean to their friends, some people laugh. Everyone knows I was with Colby when it happened, what if they know I'm pregnant too? Can I even deal with people finding out. I don't know what to do with school. Im going to be pregnant this whole year, that means people will have to find out sooner or later.

Madeline catches up to me, as well as Rya. "Youre going to be okay." Rya says placing her hand on my shoulder. "We're going to be with you every single chance we get, that way you don't have to worry about being alone near that bastard." Madeline says.

We get to my locker and they help me switch my books out. I can't do much with the cast on my arm. "If you need us just text us." Rya says. She hugs me and starts heading to her friend group.

She took the news well, but she is very angry about Colby. Everyone is, understandably. When I explained everything to her she seemed shocked. She already knew that I had sex, but hearing that I was pregnant was a lot for her. We've never gotten along, but that night she laid with me for hours. She just wanted to be there for me. She's extremely supportive.

Madeline hugs me, then says her goodbye. My heart races as I walk to the library doors. I without a doubt will see Colby in there. I push the doors open but keep my head down as I walk to my table. I sit facing the wall to keep my eyes away from meeting his. I could see Sam out of the corner of me eye, looking at me. I'm sure he knows, they're best friends why would he? I can see him talking to someone, probably Colby. I didn't want to look over but it was hard resisting it.

I try to focus on my homework but I couldn't. I decided to watch a movie instead, that way I would have something to fill my mind.

I play Shrek, one of my favorite movies. I lay my head down on top of my hoodie and turn my headphones all the way up. I just wanted to drown out my thoughts.

My eyes shut as I listen to the movie, and I fall asleep.

***

I feel taping on my shoulder. I jump up and take my headphones out, Sam is standing above me.

"What do you want?"I sigh.

"I wanted to talk to you." He sits down beside me.

"I don't want to talk to you though." I rub my eyes and yawn.

"No, you don't want to talk to him." He corrects me. I roll my eyes and look away. He's right. "I'm sorry, Amara. I really am. Colby's being a dick and he won't even listen to me. I want him to be there for his kid." My heart races. "He doesn't want the baby, Sam. That's his choice and I'll raise him or her all by myself. I don't need anybody." I pick up my bookbag and put it on the chair next to me, putting my headphones back in it.

"At least let me help. I don't know what I can really do for you but I'll do anything. That baby means a lot more to me than you'd think." He puts his hand on mine but I move mine away quickly.

"You're really sweet but seriously you don't. We don't even know each other. You just know me as the girl Colby knocked up." The bell rings and I stand up, putting my bag on. "Now just leave me alone and let me take care of my kid."

I walk away from Sam, holding back my tears. This was all too much to handle. My dad hates me, my wrist is broken, my face is all bruised up and I'm almost 2 months pregnant with a baby that doesn't have a father. My life is going to be a living hell and I have no clue how to fix it.