Smoke

Yoohyeon, Siyeon and a 4 year old boy named Phil.

A happy family residing in Seoul, South Korea. Although Yoohyeon and Siyeon were still months away from getting married, they referred to themselves as a happy family.

Siyeon proposed to the silver-haired woman while on a vacation in Thailand with their adopted son, Phil. The vacation surely ended in happy tears and warm embraces.

And probably a hot night at the couch while Phil slept at the huge bedroom.

It was a cloudy, warm day and the curtains lightly swayed as a fresh breeze blew along the house's open window. Yoohyeon screamed her lungs out as she pounced on a sleeping Siyeon and Phil, much to their annoyance.

"WAKE UP!" She yelled, enough for the neighbors to hear,"BREAKFAST IS READY!"

"Arr!" Phil grinned as he did a gesture similar to a pirate's before running straight to the kitchen. Meanwhile Siyeon won't even budge.

Yoohyeon rolled on the sleeping woman's back in an attempt to wake her up, to no avail. She sat up, a pout on her lips before she violently look the woman.

"LEE SIYEON! WAKE UP!" Yoohyeon whined. On the brink of giving up, she leaned on her ear and whispered in an audible voice,"If you wake now i'll do you later,"

And just like that, the wolf sprung up from the bed and rushed to the kitchen, leaving Yoohyeon to chuckle.

"Works like magic everytime,"

                                         ~~~                                             

At the dining table, hot, sizzling meat lay on the flat, porcelain plates as fresh vegetables sat on small bowls. Phil took in the sight and he felt his mouth water as his stomach grumbled.

Yoohyeon wasn't really that far into the cooking field, yet her dishes were pretty much excellent. Phil thanked the heavens for blessing him with a mother who was so good at cooking.

But to him, hers was still better.

The family happily munched on the food and as time passed by, Yoohyeon started to clean the table up. Phil grabbed his toys and sat at the center of the living room while Yoohyeon piled the dirty plates up.

A smile was on Yoohyeon's lips as she cleaned the table, but it quickly turned into a frown when she inhaled a puff of grey smoke.

She looked at her girlfriend with furrowed eyebrows and Siyeon looked back at her with an eyebrow raised. She eyed the lit cigarette which sat in between two of Siyeon's fingers as the woman's lips wrapped around the cigarette, puffing new smoke.

"Phil?" Yoohyeon called, smiling,"Let's go to your room,"

Phil returned the smile as he ran upstairs to his room, carrying his toys. Yoohyeon put the dishes in the sink before following the 4-year old to his room. Ignoring the smoking woman as she made her way up.

Smoke filled the dining room, and Yoohyeon shut herself inside Phil's room along with the boy. She did a good job, distracting the boy so he doesn't leave the safe room.

Siyeon had always smoked indoors and her temper was bad. Everytime Yoohyeon would tell her to go outside, her mood would immediately drop.

She would get angry and upset and Phil would watch with worried eyes, leaving Yoohyeon to just let it go.

Ever since then, Yoohyeon hasn't said a thing about Siyeon's smoking habits. Afraid that she might leave her and Phil. Or leave her and take Phil along.