A Kiss

"I promise,"

Phil then beamed at his mother, once again engulfed in her warm, motherly embrace. Unbeknownst to the boy, Bora was having a really hard time fighting back her tears. She was at the brink of collapsing. She felt like a lone, tiny wall trying to prevent a complete tsunami from passing over.

Hours passed and Bora lay on her side as she lulled Phil to sleep. Her mind couldn't help but wander to a certain, wolf-like woman who made her genuinely happy. Her heart ached as her gaze landed on a peacefully sleeping Phil, his arms wrapped tight around Ethan, Bora's tiny elephant plush toy, around his arms. She closed her eyes as she tried to drift off to sleep, frowning as a certain woman wouldn't leave her thoughts.

~~~

Meanwhile, Siyeon lay on her oversized bed. She was wearing her favorite sweater, the one which Bora had given to her. She looked at her phone, temptation engulfing her as she stared at Bora's contact name. She wanted to talk to her. She wanted to hear her voice. So with a sigh, she succumbed to the temptation as she tapped on the call button with a calloused finger.

She waited in anticipation as Bora picked up the phone, answering with a soft mention of her name.

"Hey," Siyeon greeted,"Did I wake you?"

"Not at all," Bora replied,"Couldn't sleep,"

"What a coincidence," Siyeon chuckled,"Me too,"

"So," She continued,"What are you doing now?"

"Talking to you as I sit at the couch,"

Siyeon smiled, her heart fluttering as she listened to Bora's honey voice. The two caught up on missed events and shared funny stories. All was well until Bora brought up the young boy.

"I said all those things to you in front of him," Siyeon explained, wincing as the memories came flooding back,"He probably overheard m8y outburst back then, too,"

"I see," Bora sighed,"And now he hates you?"

"He resents me," Siyeon corrected, closing her eyes as she let a deep wave of pain wash over her,"He completely resents me. Just like how I was with you,"

"You can't be so sure,"

"I know because I see it in his eyes,"

Bora stood silent, a mere hum leaving her lips as Siyeon chewed on her lip.

"I'm really sorry, Bora," Siyeon whispered, her voice slightly cracking,"You should also get some sleep too,"

"Can we talk about this- no, us again?" Bora asked, hope in her voice.

"Sure," Siyeon agreed,"Meet tomorrow at the same place at 11am?"

"Okay," Bora replied,"Goodnight, Si. I love you,"

Siyeon smiled,"Goodnight Bora. I love you too,"

Bora hung up and the wolf had a huge grin on her face. Her heart was beating rapidly as she uncontrollably tossed and rolled around in her bed while she tried to keep herself from squealing. She took in a deep breath and she was fully aware that she was barely going to get any sleep tonight.

~~~

The next day came rather quickly for Bora, and slowly for Siyeon. The two quickly got ready for their meet-up. Bora gently told Phil that she will be meeting a friend, much to the boy's disappointment. He was really looking forward to spending the day with his mother, but he shrugged it off since he wanted his mom to be also happy.