[TW] The Past

"Y...Yubin...?"

The said woman gaped in shock while Gahyeon was oblivious to the whole thing. Yubin averted her eyes. She bullied Bora for having no parents, she had a gruesome fist fight with Siyeon, she thought she would get away with it.

But here they are; her past actions coming back to bite her.

"What do you think, honey?" Gahyeon beamed, eyes sparkling as she looked at Yubin.

"U-uh," Yubin gulped, unable to suppress her stuttering,"Y-yeah! S-sounds uh...g-good!"

"Hold on, i'll come get Sherry!"

Yubin was too slow to call her lover; Gahyeon was already back inside the house, looking for their daughter.
Once again, dread filled Yubin's stomach as she awkwardly stood at the door. She nervously shifted from one foot to another, refusing to meet the couple's eyes.

"Yubin," Siyeon huffed, blood boiling. She wanted to hit her, she wanted to beat her up. But seeing that Yubin had a family of her own, she couldn't.

"Siyeon, Bora," Yubin softly let out, voice trembling. She wanted to apologize, yet she couldn't bring herself to. She pondered on what an apology will do to the trauma and hurt she has given Bora. Regret slowly ate her up.

The three stood in awkward silence, tension slowly rising as they waited for Gahyeon to come back. Siyeon's nostrils flared at the woman, Bora clung to her arm while Yubin looked at the ground in despair.

Yubin felt Siyeon walk closer to her, she shut her eyes to brace for the impact of a possible punch on the face. But nothing came.

"Apologize," Siyeon said, almost no emotion showing in her voice as she spoke,"Apologize to Bora, now,"

Shocked, Yubin looked up at the taller woman. Her eyes wide, her brows slightly furrowed her her mouth slightly parted.

"If you refuse, i'll give you a lesson," Siyeon snarled,"Apologize, now,"

"Si, it's okay...," Bora whispered, her grip on the woman's arm getting tighter.

"I-i'm sorry," Yubin bowed, which seemed to be done too quickly. She let out the breath she's been holding with one deep sigh,"I'm sorry, Bora,"

"I-It's okay, y-you don't...I-," Bora stammered, swallowing the lump in her throat.

"I'm back!" Gahyeon chirped, oblivious to the tension rising between the three women. She made a small gesture with her hand and a small, girl wearing a polka-dot dress with her hair tied up in short twin tails appeared. She shyly clung onto Gahyeon's leg as she mumbled a soft greeting.

Neither of them said a word. It was too awkward and uncomfortable with Yubin around. The atmosphere was just growing thicker and thicker every second.

And as if she noticed the growing tension, Yubin left after a small bow. Which confused Gahyeon at the odd behavior.

"H-hello," Bora smiled, crouching to get a good look at the tiny girl,"You must be Sherry. I'm Bora,"

Sherry nodded in response, she kept her eyes on Bora throughout their whole conversation. As Bora mentioned Phil, Sherry's eyes started to sparkle as a huge smile appeared on her face. She then expressed the same desire to have a friend.

"That's great!" Bora smiled,"We'll call your mommy soon about this, okay?"

A squeal escaped Sherry's lips, her arms wrapping tight around Bora. The older willingly reciprocated the hug, even giving her a few pats on the head.

"Oh, you two should come to this party," Gahyeon suggested, a smile on her face,"I think it would be a great idea for us to bond there,"

"I don't know...," Bora pondered, flashbacks of Yubin's past actions haunting her once again.