A Painful Promise

"Hey there, Bora,"

Siyeon rested her chin on the woman's shoulder, her arms gently wrapped around the woman's waist as she hummed a soft tune.

"Huh...?"

The woman trembled as she slowly turned around to look at the taller woman. Siyeon retracted her arms while her chocolate orbs met hers.

"Si...?" The woman's eyes widened as she took in the sight of her former wife. Her thoughts traced back to Siyeon's arms around her waist before she turned around.

Siyeon was hugging her.

"Hey, Bora," Siyeon smiled, pocketing her hands inside her coat.

"Si, did you just-,"

"I'm glad you're awake," Siyeon beamed, a nostalgic smile on her face,"I've waited for you,"

"Siyeon...,"

"Bora, i'm sorry I was late,"

"It's alright,"

"Listen, I didn't mean what I told you back then," Siyeon began, furrowing her eyebrows as she thought of her previous words.

Just go die, bitch.

She shuddered at the thought, her knees felt like jelly as she regretted her words.

"I love you, Bora," Siyeon added,"I always have. It's complicated, but my heart was always yours,"

Silence.

Bora stood infront of her, staring at her eyes with her mouth slightly parted.

"I hated you because I couldn't accept what you did," Siyeon explained, desperate,"But you didn't do it. I misunderstood,"

"I chose to believe what I saw instead of hearing you out," Siyeon mumbled, audible enough for Bora to hear,"And for that and everything I have done and said, i'm sorry,"

"I'm really sorry, Bora," Siyeon apologized with glistening tears,"I shouldn't have put you through that. I made you suffer so much, when all you did was sacrifice for me,"

She then took Bora's hand in hers, giving it a gentle squeeze as she looked at her with apologetic eyes.

"If possible, I really want to start over," Siyeon smiled,"I want to be yours again. But of course, it's alright if you refuse. After all, I hurt you,"

"So, what do you say to a fresh start...?"

Silence.

Bora stood at the same spot, unmoving. Her eyes bore into Siyeon's anxious orbs as her mouth curled into an anxious frown. It was as if she was studying the woman, and it made Siyeon uncomfortable.

"Bora?" She called out, voice filled with worry and uncertainty.

"Uh, Bora?" She called out once again, hoping to get an answer from the shorter. But Bora just stared at her, her brows slightly furrowing as she chewed on her lips.

"I see," Siyeon dryly laughed, giving up on her and the possibility of them being back together,"Well, I hope you find genuine happiness," She bitterly smiled, although she did not try to show it, Siyeon was bad at keeping her heightened emotions. She then turned around to walk away, sighing heavily as she slowly accepted her punishment.

"Wait, Si,"

Siyeon turned around to meet Bora's eyes. But was instead met with a pair of warm arms which quickly wrapped around her neck. She heard soft sniffles as the woman pressed herself closer, she was slightly on her toes due to her short height. She felt Bora's arms tighten as she gripped her coat with longing.

"Bora...?"

"Is this real?" Bora sobbed, smiling,"This is real, right?"

Siyeon nodded, smiling as she wrapped her arms around Bora's waist once more,"I really want you back, Bora," Resting her chin on the woman's shoulder and closing her eyes, she felt a tear stream down her face,"I want to make things right. I want to be your wife again,"

"Si...,"

"I quit smoking too. I am doing my very best to recover from my trauma. I-,"

"I know, Si," Bora gratefully smiled,"Yoohyeon told me stories about you,"

"And I am so proud of you, love,"

Love.

Siyeon felt warm and fuzzy as her heart fluttered at the endearment Bora always used to call her. A kiddie smile formed on her lips as she felt butterflies in her stomach.

"Bora...," Siyeon called, voice a bit muffled,"Will you please be my girlfriend, once again?"

"Si...," Bora smiled, slightly snorting since Siyeon should've definitely known the answer by now,"Of co-,"

"Mom!"

Bora immediately pulled away to see Phil running towards them. Minji was alao visible as she stopped right beside Yoohyeon, horror on her face while she panted.

"Get away from her!"

Phil yelled as he forcefully pushed Siyeon away from Bora. He balled up his fists and managed to land a few hits which caused the woman to wince in pain.

"Phil!" Bora screamed in terror,"Stop! What are you d-,"

"Go away from my mommy, you monster!"

Time seemed to freeze as the words sunk into Bora's ears. Her eyes were wide and unbelieving. Slowly, she turned her gaze to her lover as her hands tried to calm Phil down. To her heartbreak, Siyeon gave her a small, apologetic smile as a reply.

"You almost made my mommy go to heaven," Phil cried, glaring daggers at the wolf as he spoke,"You're a monster. I won't let you hurt mommy ever again!"

"Phil, mommy Si-,"

"She's not my mommy! She's a monster!"

Siyeon slowly took steps closer to the boy. She opened her mouth to speak as Phil screamed out his hatred for her, eventually hurling a snowball at her which hit straight at her face.

"Go away!"

Siyeon merely nodded. She was defeated. Her heart broke but she knew she needed to leave. She needed to leave them alone. She gave one last apologetic smile to Bora as she turned on her heel to walk away.

Yoohyeon and Minji were watching the whole scene from a close distance, their eyes landing on Siyeon as the woman slowly walked with her shoulders slumped.

"Siyeon-," Minji called out, but instantly shut her mouth when she saw the woman's grim expression.

Siyeon smiled. But it was a smile of deep regret and sorrow. Of guilt and frustration.

She knew that deep inside, Siyeon treated this as a punishment.

She could only watch with helpless eyes as Siyeon vanished further away from the park.
Her eyes then landed on Bora and Phil, who were in the middle of some painful reconnecting.

"She wanted you to die, mom," Phil sniffled,"She was pushing you away from me. And you almost died because of her...,"

"I don't want to see her again, mom," Phil continued, sobbing,"It gives me bad, ouchie memories,"

"Phil...," Bora mumbled, hurt building up as she took a deep breath,"Okay,"

Phil looked up from the ground, hope in his eyes.

"You won't ever see her again," Bora reassuringly smiled as she fought back tears.

"Promise?" Phil asked, rubbing his nose as he held Bora's hand.

"I promise,"