Chapter20- Rumors

THIRD WEEK OF APRIL
"Hey Seola can I talk to you?"
"Sure Y/N what's up?"
"I need you to cover for me at lunch and beginning of period 4, just say at lunch I had to talk to someone about something and for period 4 just say I'm in the washroom and don't feel well."
"Of course but why Y/N? Are you in trouble?"
"I missed my period."
"Oh my god."
"I don't think I am but I'm going to the doctor to get it checked out just to make sure I'm not sick or anything."
"Y/N what if you're pregnant?"
"Again, I don't think I am but you can never tell with these things."
"Yeah I'll cover for you."
"Thanks Seola and can you keep this under your wings just because so don't need to deal with rumours and all that."
"Of course, be safe."
"I will."

I had missed my period and still haven't gotten it but I apparently just have a ovarian cyst, they easily diagnosed me and I felt a weight lift off my shoulders. I think deep down I knew it was a possibility, I could be pregnant because obviously birth control doesn't always work, but I kept pushing it away to limit stress.

It's the next day and I came to school and noticed a lot of people were looking at me. It was usual but like I had just had a secret released.

Oh my god if Seola told people I'll kill her.

"Hey people are looking at me weird, do you guys know what going on?" I questioned once I got to my group.

"No probably just bring the same annoying weirdos." Yeonjung shrugged and we walked to class. Minhyun said he wouldn't be here till period 3.

People, 4 to be specific, 2 saying congrats, 1 saying they would be there for me, and the last saying that I would be okay. What the fuck?

After period 3 I got pulled aside by Minhyun.
"Y/N why didn't you tell me?"
"Tell you what?"
He looked around to see if anyone was listening.
"That you're pregnant."
"Woah what? I'm not pregnant."
"You aren't?"
"Who told you I was?"
"I overheard people saying they heard you were."

Just then Seola came jogging to me.
"Y/N-"
"Did you tell people I was pregnant?"
"No Y/N I swear I didn't."
"Than who did?"
"Hana. She overheard our conversation and is apparently still trying to take you down. She's the one spreading the rumours."

I clenched my fists and tensed my muscles but calmed down when I felt Minhyun's hand on my shoulder. I closed my eyes and exhaled deeply, relaxing my muscles. I then walked away, they called after me asking where I was going. Simple, the cafeteria.

It was a rainy day and I knew majority of people would be there since no one likes the hallways nor would go outside. I got looked at but kept walking. I slammed my hands down and the table Hana was at. The whole cafeteria went silent as she looked at me.

"Um excuse you."
"Cut the bitchiness. Why are you spreading the rumour I'm pregnant?"
"Cause you are."
"No I'm not dumbass."
"Well I heard-"
"Me and Seola talking and I told her I missed my period. Yeah no I'm not pregnant."
Suddenly another hand went on my shoulder, and another on my other shoulder, and one on my hand.
"Y/N you don't have to lie if you are, we are all here for you." A girl said and I let out a strangled exhale. I shook them off before getting into the table.

"OKAY LISTEN UP! ITS COME TO MY ATTENTION HANA HAS SPREAD A RUMOUR THAT IM PREGNANT BECAUSE SHE OVERHEARD ME AND SEOLA TALKING, I ASKED SEOLA TO COVER FOR ME DURING LUNCH BECAUSE I WAS GOING TO THE DOCTOR BECAUSE I MISSED MY PERIOD. NEWS FLASH IM NOT PREGNNAT I HAVE WHATS CALLED AN OVARIAN CYST. NOW NEXT TIME ANYONE WANTS TO BELIEVE ANYTHING HANA SAYS ABOUT ME, INSTEAD OF BELIEVING IT, JUST ASK ME. THATS IT."

The whole cafeteria clapped and some even shouted out a 'screw Hana'. I jumped down and turned to Hana.
"I know you're trying to get Minhyun back but face the facts. You cheated, you lost your chance and now he's moved on to someone who actually realizes how amazing of a person he is. So accept it, Minhyun doesn't want you back and won't leave me for you, I swear on that." I said and walked away. Some people gasped and other went 'OoOoO', I walked away and some claps and cheers came with.

I walked to the entrance where Minhyun was smiling. I smiled back and he grabbed my hand as we walked to our lockers, planning to skip the rest of the day.