Chapter22- Ring

Around 2am all students and most parents were still going hard but Minhyun had pulled me outside. We walked out the backdoor hand in hand and entered this beautiful garden with what seemed like every tree, plant, and flower in existence.

I smiled looking up into the starry sky that wasn't hidden by blinding city lights or the lights of the venue we were in prior to the walk. We reached the edge and got into this beautiful dome-like space surrounded by cherry blossoms and dark oak that looked out to a pond that reflected the moonlight and stars.

This whole place was perfect. Everything from the sky, trees, surrounding flowers (and even grass, to the soil being firm enough for me to walk in heels and not sink even a tiny bit. It was so beautiful.

I looked out onto the pond and the field behind it of bluebells and lavenders. I went to squeeze Minhyun's hand but realized it was no longer in mine. I turned to my side about to call his name when I covered my mouth that let out a small gasp.

Minhyun was on his knee, black velvet ring box in hand, holding the most beautiful ring I'd ever seen.

"I know as kids we used to pretend to get married to each other, then as we grew a bit older we claimed that the other had cooties and now that we are just beginning lives as young adults the thought of marriage isn't a prominent one but I haven't...

"I know as kids we used to pretend to get married to each other, then as we grew a bit older we claimed that the other had cooties and now that we are just beginning lives as young adults the thought of marriage isn't a prominent one but I haven't let it slip my mind. You don't know but I've been wanting to do this for what seems like forever." I let tears slip, thank god I'm wearing waterproof mascara.

"I fell in love with you what seems like decades ago, I've dreamed about the moment you become mine and now I want to make it permanent, I want to grow old with you, have a beautiful family with you, live our lives together forever. I can't imagine life without you by my side and you've just made these last few months seem like a dream I never want to wake up from." I was fighting the erg to fall to my knees and sob.

"I want you to be my wife and me to be your husband forever and always. Will you marry me Y/N?" He asked and I finally gave in. Fell to my knee and nodded.
"Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes." I sniffed and he smiled while I gave him my hand and he slid the ring on. He pulled me in a tight hug.
"I love you so so much Y/N." He smiled and he pulled away.
"I love you so much more." I smiled before I placed my hands on his cheeks and pressed our lips together, we smiled at first before we enjoyed the kiss, but~ then smiled and broke apart.

We then walked back, always hand in hand, with smiled on our faces as we walked into the venue and immediately his family looked to us and we both nodded before they squealed and ran over to hug us. I was now gonna be Ms, Hwang Y/N.

Our friends gathered around curiously, because they were looking for us but his family wouldn't let them because 'they just couldn't' and also because we were smiling like idiots.

I just raised my hand and showed the ring and their jaws dropped before they also squealed and hugged us. Everyone was so excited about it.

As the dance went on I grew a small headache so me and Minhyun went upstairs to the balcony. He put his arms over my shoulders and I held his hands as we rocked gently form left to right and back again.

"It's crazy to think right there is where I proposed." Minhyun smiled and took an arm away to point at the grouping of cherry blossom and dark oaks.

"It's crazy time think we're engaged." I smiled and felt him chuckle against my back.

"Also I have one final surprise." He spoke and I turned slightly to look at him, an eyebrow raised.

"If we begin planning a wedding for before university around the beginning of next month, we could have 9 months to plan and we could have our wedding in Paris, or have 7 months and have it in Venice, maybe 6 and have it in Bora Bora. The point is, we could have it anywhere we want since we are gonna be travelling anyways. Or we could have it here once we get back, right here in this venue too if you wanted." He explained and I just smiled.

"What about what you want?" I asked and leaned my hand back against his chest.

"I don't care as long as I get to marry you, we could have it in a year, 2 years, 3, 4, 5, or even 9. It won't stop me from loving you any less, I'll wait forever if I have to." He explained, I turned to him and cupped his cheeks and his hands went to my waist.

"I don't care either, I could marry you in the cafeteria of our high school if we wanted, I just want to marry you." I smiled and he put his forehead against mine.

"Then let's decide later, tonight let's just enjoy the last we see of some of these people." He joked and I chuckled before we went back in.

People by now have heard the word from our friends talking about it amongst themselves and our families talking about where they think the wedding will be and when.

People began congratulating us and we just thanked them but tried to remain busy talking with people to avoid 2 certain people.

"Hey Y/N, Minhyun." We heard a familiar voice say and we turn to see Dimitri standing in front of us.

I could see our groups ready to interfere at any sign of him disrespecting us.

"Just want to say congratulations, though I wish I still had you, I'm happy you two love each other enough to want to finally tie the knot." He said and I smiled slightly.

"Thank you Dimitri." I smiled. We turned for maybe 5 minutes before another voice spoke up.

"Minhyun, Y/N." Hana.

"Yes?" I questioned.

"Congratulations, I know I was a real asshole to you both and though I can't change the past, just know I'm sorry and learned from my mistakes. Wish nothing but the best for you both." She smiled and we didn't get to say anything to her before she left.

The night ended by 4 and we had received congratulations from everyone, I was ready to marry Minhyun and can't believe I didn't see that my soulmate was in front of me all along.