To Be A Wolf

Addison ran through the woods jumping over fallen logs, scaling piles of rocks, and weaving her way through the trees. The wind rushed through her hair as she ran, the overwhelming sense of freedom becoming even more intoxicating.

The sound of a twig snapping to her left brought her attention back into to focus as she watched and listened for whoever it was to make their move as she continued her sprint through the trees.

There was another rustle in the underbrush and then from the corner of her eye she saw a figure leap out at her, it was Willa. Addison moved quickly, grabbing a low hanging branch and pulling herself up and out of harm's way.

Willa vanished into the forest and Addison jumped down from the tree and continued on her run. She was almost there. Now that she was a full werewolf, her senses were heightened and on high alert.

Addison leapt across a ditch, landing in a crouched position before springing up and continuing to run. That's when she saw it, the wolf den. It was so close now.

She picked up the pace but not before catching movement in the trees to her right from the corner of her eye. Addison saw the figure move ahead of her before springing out of the underbrush.

It was Wyatt. His eyes glowed yellow and he growled as he prepared to attack. However, instead of slowing down Addison ran faster, catching him off guard as she charged him.

Addison grabbed his shoulders and used her momentum to use him as a spring board, flipping her body over his. She landed on her feet and ran for the wolf den.

Addison grinned as she grabbed the white flag, whirling around and waving it over her head. "I did it! I got the flag!"

"Well done Addison." Wylda smiled approvingly. "You're a natural at using your werewolf abilities and you've adjusted and honed them faster than anyone I've ever trained."

"Thank you." Addison replied appreciatively. "Having your help really means alot."

Wylda nodded. "Of course, it's not everyday an Alpha gets to train The Great Alpha. You will make a wonderful leader one day. I know it."

Addison sighed. "I hope so."

Wyatt and Willa emerged from the woods, like Addison they were covered in sweat from training. Both walked over and joined them.

"You've really gotten fast." Willa complimented. "I was for sure I had you back there. Nice move using the tree branch, knowing how to use your surroundings is crucial for survival."

"Thanks Willa." Addison beamed as Wyatt draped his arm around her shoulders.

"I thought I had you too." Wyatt admitted. "Speaking of moves, you definitely surprised me when you came at me like that and just jumped and flipped right over me."

Addison smirked. "Being a cheerleader has given me a wide rang of moves and skills."

"I'd say." Willa chuckled. "You rocked that training exercise. No doubt you're one of us."

Addison tilted her head to the side with a playful pout. "The ears, fangs, and hair weren't enough proof?"

Wyatt and Willa laughed and Wylda smiled at the three young wolves. Over the last year and a half the three of them had grown close. It had taken time and patience, but Willa had accepted Addison as a sister. Having his sisters getting along made Wyatt so happy. Family comes in all forms and they had created their own.

"Alright, come on you three." Wylda chuckled. "Let's go inside so you can all change, get a drink, and cool off. Sound good?"

"Definately." The three teenagers replied simutaneously. The three looked at eachother in surprise before bursting into laughter.