Graduation Part 2: The Ceremony

Everyone smiled in anticipation as Principal Lee got the last of the students lined up. With one final check she gave the signal and the doors opened as music began to play. The seniors filed into the room and stood in front of their seats as they waited for everyone to come in.

With a nod Principal Lee signaled them to sit down as she cleared her throat. "Welcome everyone to this year's graduation ceremony. We are so happy to have you all here today as we celebrate the accomplishments of this years seniors. As you all know, an awards ceremony was held earlier this week where many of our students received various scholarships."

Addison, Willa, Wynter, Bree, and Bonzo all smiled at her words, having been some of the many recipients of those scholarships.

"However," Principal Lee continued. "There are a couple awards that we would like to present here today. So without further ado, please welcome Coach Robert Holbrook of the Seabrooke University Mighty Shrimp."

Everyone clapped as Coach Holbrook approached the microphone. "Thank you Principal Lee. As a football coach, I spend my days watching and working with young men to help them reach their full potential. Every year I go to games and scout seniors who I believe will make great additions to my team. This year, I was under orders to select one new player for my team. I watched the Mighty Shrimp play many games. I saw incredible skill, teamwork, and above all, passion for the game each time. That is why when I took my decision back to the board of officials, I informed them that I would be unable to choose only one player. After many debates, discussions, and work arounds, it was decided that two players would be awarded full scholarships. Today, the Seabrooke University Mighty Shrimp and I welcome Zed Necrodopolis and Wyatt Lykensen-Wells to our team. Come on up gentlemen."

Everyone erupted in cheers and applause at the announcement. Zed pumped his fist in the air in celebration as he made his way towards the stage. Wyatt on the other hand was slow to react as he was shocked at the announcement. Eventually both boys made their way onto the stage and shook the Coach's hand.

The coach handed them each a Jersey with their name on it and an envelope containing the documents explaining their scholarships. "Welcome to the team boys, I look forward to seeing you on the field."

"Thank you for the opportunity Coach Holbrook." Zed replied.

"Yeah, thank you so much." Wyatt nodded.

The boys made their way back to their seats as Principal Lee took back the microphone. "Congratulations to our two star football players. Now, we will hear a few words from our own Dr. Bryan Andrews."

Everyone clapped as Dr. Andrews approached the microphone. "Thank you everyone. Graduation is an important milestone in every young person's life. It is the moment when we see children take their first steps into adulthood. Today, we are here to celebrate the accomplishments of every senior in this room. When you walk out of here, you will be starting the next chapter of your lives. The sky is the limit, the possibilities are endless, but it is up to you to turn those possibilities into reality. I encourage you all to go forth, and leave your mark on the world. One such mark that I feel needs to be addressed is one that was made on Seabrooke a little over a week ago. Our Zombie brethren were targeted by a man, who could not see past the color of their skin and hair. However, with help from friends, human, werewolf, and zombie we were able to right this wrong. That is why I want to recognize someone who played a crucial role in bringing the Z-bands back online. Eliza Zambi, will you come up here please?"

Eliza sat there mouth agape as the crowd applauded and cheered around here.

"Go!" Addison laughed, snapping her out of her stupor.

Eliza made her way onto the stage and Dr. Andrews gave her a big smile. "Eliza, despite the inner turmoil you were facing, you managed to help gather crucial information and provide resources to fix this tragedy. Your talent, passion and perseverance are what make you stand out. That is why it would be a great honor to not only offer you a full scholarship to pay for your tuition, but also an internship at Z-Tech. I believe that we at Z-Tech can not only help expand your knowledge, but that you can help to expand ours as well. So, what do you say?"