Taking the Lead

The rest of the day had gone by in a blur. Addison hadn't been able to focus since the assembly. She was consumed with worry for her friends and Zed. Not only that, but even if they fixed the problem, would things go back to normal or would they face another set back?

Addison shuddered at the thought of the monster laws being reinstated. They had worked so hard to bring change to Seabrooke, this could ruin everything.

"Addison!"

Wyatt's voice snapped her from her thoughts as she turned around and saw him rushing across the student parking lot to catch up. He slowed down as he caught up to her and caught his breath.

"Willa wanted me to tell you we're going to have a pack meeting as soon as we get back to the den." Wyatt explained. "We're going to discuss the Z-band malfunctions today. You in?"

Addison nodded, forcing a smile. "Of course. Want to ride home with me to drop off my car? We can head to the den from there."

"Sure." Wyatt replied, draping a comforting arm around her shoulders. "And Addy?"

"Yeah?" Addison asked as she unlocked her car.

"We'll find a way to fix this." Wyatt replied softly. "Everything is going to turn out alright."

"Thanks Wyatt." Addison smiled.

Wyatt smiled back before walking around to the other side of the car and climbing inside. The two drove back to Addison's house in silence. The ride wasn't long anyway, but both had a lot on their minds. When they arrived, Addison took her things into the house before following Wyatt into the woods.

The leaves crunched and the twigs snapped under foot as they walked. Besides that, the woods were eerily quiet. Perhaps even the animals had sensed something was wrong.

The den came into view and the two made their way inside. The rest of the pack was already gathered in a circle in the center waiting as Willa beckoned them forward.

"I'm glad you could join us." Willa smiled at Addison before turning to the pack. "As you know the Zombies are facing a crisis. With no Z-bands there is nothing to control their inner Zombies except their own willpower. We don't know how long the Zombies can resist but the faster a solution is found the better. The Zombies helped us in our times of need, now it is our turn to do the same."

The pack howled in agreement with her statement and Addison smiled. Not long ago, the wolves had only wanted to look out for themselves and had refused any help or advice from anyone outside the pack. Now they were willing to help a whole different group of people from themselves.

Willa raised her hand and the pack went silent. "Thank you. Now, the first thing we need to do is track down the source of the Z-band malfunction. Any ideas?"

The room was silent as everyone looked at eachother. Heads were shook and shoulders were shrugged but no one had any ideas.

"Maybe we can use our keen sense of smell to track down the source of the malfunction." Wynter suggested.

"That's not a bad idea Wynter," Addison replied. "But the Z-bands are a piece of technology. If they're malfunctioning, it's most likely something in the hardware or software. Something like that can't be smelled out."

"Oh." Wynter pouted.

"So we need someone who knows their way around tech and computers." Willa cut in.

"Like Eliza!" Wyatt grinned before his face fell. "But she's zombified."

"But she knows how to control it." Addison reminded him. "Knowing Eliza she's probably already doing her own research."

Willa nodded. "Alright so we'll try to get in touch with Eliza to see what she knows. Any other ideas?"

Addison's eyes widened. "Z-tech! That's where the Z-bands are made. Maybe Dr. Andrews can help us. He's the kind doctor who helped me and Zed. He even married a Zombie."

Willa nodded before turning to the pack. "Alright this is--"

"No." Addison stepped forward. "I know more about Zombies and Z-tech than anyone. Willa I respect you as a leader, but I'm taking charge on this one."

Willa was taken aback by Addison's assertiveness at first but a smile tugged at her lips as she stepped back to join the pack. "Of course Great Alpha, please give us your orders."

Addison gave her an appreciative nod before turning to the pack. "We need to work this from two angles. We need information from Z-tech and Zombie Town. We also need to monitor how the Zombies are doing. The longer they go without their Z-bands the worse it's going to get. Willa and Wynter, I want you to take the pack and surround the perimeter of Zombie Town. Stay out of sight but take note of the conditions of the Zombies, how tight the security is, and if you can get information from anyone inside do so. Every bit of information you can get could be vital to helping fix this. Wyatt and I will go to Z-tech and speak with Dr. Andrews. We'll meet back here in two hours and discuss our findings so far. Everyone got that?"

Everyone nodded in understanding and Addison smiled. "Good, let's do this."

Author's Note

Two days in a row!? What has gotten into me? Have a great Tuesday!

-Meloetta246