Confrontation

"Dr. Patey did this?" Addison snapped as she began to pace the room. "I should have known, the way he treated Zed and I. He's a horrible man."

Dr. Andrew's shook his head sadly. "Johnathan is a college friend. I knew he wasn't happy here, but I never thought he'd go this far."

"Well he has." Wyatt replied. "So we need to find Dr. Patey and get that encryption key. Fast."

Dr. Andrews nodded before typing something into his computer. "Dr. Patey just swiped in this morning. He should be in his office now."

"Well then, let's go pay the doctor a visit." Addison growled as she left room.

Dr. Andrews caught up with her and led the small group to Dr. Patey's office on the second floor. When they approached the open door he was busy working on something at his lab table.

"Johnathan." Dr. Andrews voice was firm. "We need to talk."

Dr. Patey looked up from his work and scowled when he saw three teens behind him. "I see you brought visitors. What is this about? I need to finish testing these samples."

"It's about the Z-band malfunctions Johnathan." Dr. Andrews explained. "We've discovered what caused it and how to fix it."

"Well I suppose that's good news." Dr. Patey replied bluntly. "So have you fixed it yet?"

Dr. Andrews shook his head. "No, I haven't. You see, in order to fix the problem we need an encryption key. Unfortunately, the only person who has it is the person who created it."

"Is that so?" Dr. Patey replied. "How unfortunate."

"Johnathan." Dr. Andrews voice was growing weary of beating around the bush. "I know it was you, we all do. The charade is over. Give me the encryption key."

Dr. Patey's head snapped up as his eyes met those of his colleague's. "Is this some sort of  joke Bryan? You can't believe I'd do this."

"You worked on my laptop yesterday." Bucky cut in. "They found the software you used and the original source of the encryption. You tried to frame me!"

"And it's quite clear you have no tolerance for Zombies." Addison added. "You tried to have Zed arrested by the Zombie Patrol just for protecting me and standing up to you."

Dr. Patey glared at the young teens. "How dare you! Especially you Mr. Buchanan, I expected so much more from you."

"Leave them be Johnathan." Dr. Andrews ordered. "Now hand over the encryption key so we can fix this mess you've made."

Dr. Patey looked around at the small group, his stare cold and calculating. Without warning, Dr. Patey flipped the lab table and forced them back into a corner, leaving the door wide open for his escape.

Wyatt growled and jumped over the table as he lunged at Dr. Patey. He grabbed the doctor's shoulders and forced him against the wall, his eyes and moonstone glowing. "Give us the encryption key!"

"It was only a matter of time." Dr. Patey spat. "Zombies, Werewolves, you monsters should have all been put down years ago. The zombies will fall, and now, you will join them."

Dr. Patey swiped a syringe from the counter and jabbed it into Wyatt's neck, injecting him with whatever was inside. Wyatt lost his grip and staggered back, pulling the out the syringe before collapsing to the floor as Dr. Patey ran from the room.

"Wyatt!" Addison screamed as she raced forward, dropping down beside her brother and cradling his head. "Wyatt come on, wake up. Please no, just wake up. Wake up!"

Dr. Andrews knelt down beside her and picked up the syringe, moving it out of harm's way as Addison pulled Wyatt closer. "I'll take care of him, I promise. I'll do everything I can."