Rise and Shine

After the party the night before no one had been excited to go to school the next day, especially the birthday twins.

Addison groaned as the sound of her alarm clock rang through the room. She rolled over, slamming her hand down on the snooze button as a pair of arms wrapped around her waist pulling her back into bed.

"Do we have to get up?" Zed mumbled sleepily into her back.

Addison sighed as she rolled over and brushed the hair from his forehead, giving him a kiss. "Yeah Zed, we gotta get up. Birthdays on school days are the pits."

"First, one more kiss. Right here." Zed replied, opening one eye and grinning slyly as he pointed to his lips.

Addison rolled her eyes and leaned down to press a kiss to his lips. However, the tender moment was ruined when a loud snore caused them to jump apart.

The two stared at eachother with wide eyes until a look of realization crossed both their faces. Addison bit back a laugh as she crawled to the end of her bed and peered down at the floor.

Wyatt was passed out on a sleeping bag with Eliza practically sleeping on top of him with her head on his chest and his arm draped around her waist. Zed and Addison snickered as Wyatt let out another loud snore as she took a picture of the sleeping duo.

"I can't believe Eliza is still asleep with him snoring in her ear." Addison whispered as she reviewed the photos on her phone.

Zed chuckled. "I can. Eliza sleeps like the dead. Word of advice, wake up Wyatt and let him wake her. You do not want to be the one to wake her up from a dead sleep. It's not pretty."

Addison nodded as she reached over the side of the bed and shook Wyatt's shoulder. "Wyatt, it's our birthday. Wake up little brother."

"We're the same age. You're only older by five minutes." Wyatt grumbled, opening his eyes.

Addison giggled as she watched him gather himself. "I know, but it's fun to taunt you. Now can you please wake up Eliza so we can all start getting ready for the day?"

"Do I have to?" Wyatt pouted. "I'm quite content to stay right here."

"Wyatt...." Addison warned. "Now."

"Fine." Wyatt sighed, reaching up to run his fingers through Eliza's hair. "Ellie, rise and shine. Its time to get up."

Eliza made a few incoherent mumbling noises as she buried her face in his chest, refusing to move. Wyatt chuckled at the response before glancing up at Addison and Zed, giving them a 'watch this' gesture.

"Eliza, Zed spilled orange juice on your laptop." Wyatt called out as he gently shook her shoulder.

"He WHAT!?" Eliza screeched bolting upright and looking around frantically. "I'm going to kill him!"

Addison, Zed, and Wyatt burst out laughing as Eliza stared at them with wide eyes. Wyatt sat up and pressed a kiss to her temple between laughs. "Well good morning Sunshine."

Eliza stared at him in disbelief as she realized what he'd done. In one swift movement, Eliza grabbed her pillow and started hounding him. "YOU! whack. TRICKED! whack. ME!" whack.

"I'm sorry! Have mercy!" Wyatt pleaded between laughs as he shielded his face. "I didn't know how else to wake you up!"

Eliza threw down her pillow with a huff and crossed her arms. "NEVER, joke about my laptop. I built that thing with my own two hands. It was the only thing that kept me sane while we were locked up in that town. It--"