Leave it to Eliza

Addison and Wyatt crept quietly along the edge of the forest near Zombie Town as they searched for Willa, Wynter and the other wolves.

As they neared the back corner of the town they spotted Willa coming towards them.

"How did it go?" Willa asked.

Addison sighed. "Not great. Dr. Andrews couldn't tell us anything."

"He and the rest of Z-Tech are looking into the problem." Wyatt added. "They just don't know what it is."

"How about you?" Addison asked. "Learn anything?"

Willa shook her head. "I just came back from talking to Wynter and her group. They're stationed on the other side. It seems every Zombie has the same story. The Z-bands just shut down and it was all at the same time."

"Have you seen Eliza?" Wyatt asked hopefully. Though he had been working hard to reassure Addison that everything would be okay, he was still worried.

"Or Zed? Or Bonzo?" Addison added.

"I spoke to Zed." Willa admitted. "He said Bonzo has locked himself in his house. He's scared. Eliza on the other hand is trying to find a solution. Zed said she's been working nonstop since they were brought home. And Zed, he's trying to keep his family's spirits up. Zevon is worried and little Zoey is terrified. She's never experienced this before."

Addison's heart dropped. She hadn't even thought about Zoey and the younger Zombies. She couldn't imagine how scary this must be, seeing themselves like actual monsters for the first time. And Bonzo, her gentle giant of a friend, Bree had told her how nervous he was in the woods and on the bus when they retrieved the moonstone. She couldn't imagine how he was feeling now that he had to deal with this alone, especially without Bree.

"Addison, AdDiSoN, ADDISON!" Wyatt whisper- shouted in her ear, snapping her back to reality.

Addison shook her head. "Sorry guys, just thinking."

"Its okay." Wyatt replied. "We all have alot on our minds right now."

Addison nodded and Willa cleared her throat.

"As I was saying, we've been observing the perimeter." Willa explained. "Their are guards stationed at every exit point and a pair of guards that circulate the area. Once they pass it takes them about ten minutes before they appear again."

"Okay.... and that helps us how?" Wyatt asked.

Willa shrugged. "Maybe we'll need to sneak in or bust someone out. You never know. Besides, we're not supposed to be here so it helps us keep from getting caught. Or would you like to wear those silver bracelets again?"

Wyatt shuddered at the thought of being arrested again. "No thanks, I'm good."

Willa smirked. "Then I rest my case."

"But Wyatt does make a point." Addison cut in. "While the information you collected is important, it doesn't help us solve the problem at hand."

"I know." Willa sighed. "I wish we could have found more."

The three wolves sat in silence, unsure what to say. They were doing everything they could but they were still coming up empty handed.

After a while Willa stood up and brushed off her pants. "Alright guys, maybe it's time we--"

Willa stopped mid sentence as she stepped closer to the edge of the woods, looking out towards Zombie Town.

"What is it Willa?" Wyatt asked, confused by his sister's behavior. At first he had thought maybe the guards were circling back around and she didn't want to be heard, but that didn't explain her moving closer to the edge of the woods.