The Truth

"He's our cousin." Addison explained, still staring at the name on the screen in disbelief. "I can't believe he'd do this. I thought Bucky had learned his lesson. I thought he'd changed."

"Well, he is Bucky." Wyatt admitted. "Maybe he still holds some unresolved distain towards the zombies."

"Whatever it is we are going to find out." Addison replied, pulling out her phone and dialing Bucky's number.

The phone rang twice before Bucky finally picked up. "Addison? Its 5am, what could you possibly want?"

"You need to grab your laptop and come to Z-Tech right now." Addison demanded. "You have a lot of explaining to do."

"What are you talking about?" Bucky asked. "Addison I swear if this is some sort of senior prank..."

"This is not a prank!" Addison snapped angrily. "Bring your laptop and get to Z-Tech, now."

"Alright, just calm down Cuz." Bucky sighed. "I'm on my way."

"Good." Addison growled before hanging up the phone.

"Addison." Wyatt said gently. "Take a deep breath, your moonstone is glowing."

Addison took a breath and then walked over to the window to watch for Bucky as the glow from her moomstone faded. She could hear Dr. Andrews and Wyatt talking quietly behind her but Addison didn't the conversation any mind.

She felt hurt and betrayed by her cousin. When Bucky had revealed his own wolf heritage and helped them retrieve the moonstone, Addison thought he had finally changed. Guess that had been a lie.

Headlights came down the road and Bucky's van pulled into the parking lot. Addison turned to head downstairs but saw Wyatt was already at the door.

"I'll go get him." Wyatt told her, opening the door. "You wait here."

Addison nodded silently before turning back to the window as she watched her cousin walk across the parking lot. She wondered if he could feel her glare from downstairs.

A few minutes later Wyatt opened the door and Bucky followed in behind him.

"Would anyone like to explain what is going here?" Bucky asked as Wyatt took his laptop and handed it to Dr. Andrews.

"Like you don't know." Addison growled, turning to face him.

"What are you talking about Addison?" Bucky asked.

"The zombies, Bucky." Addison snapped. "You know what's happened to them right?"

Bucky nodded. "Of course, everyone in Seabrooke knows. All the Z-bands shut down."

"Do you know why?" Addison asked, her voice deathly quiet.

"No." Bucky shook his head. "I have no idea what caused this. Do you?"

Addison stepped towards him so they were face to face. "Yeah, actually, I do. Someone corrupted the data for the signal being broadcasted to the Z-bands. We traced the source of the corruption and guess what? We know exactly who put it there."

"That's great!" Bucky exclaimed. "That means you can get this mess fixed. So where did it come from?"

"Where did it come from?" Addison mocked him. "You know where it came from! It came from your laptop Bucky! How could you do this!? I thought you had changed!"

Bucky's eyes widened. "Wait, what? Addison, you've got this all wrong. That trace, must have been wrong. I didn't do this."

"Then why is the software that was used on your computer?" Dr. Andrews asked, turning the laptop around to show them what he had found.

Bucky stared at the computer and backed away slowly. "It can't be. That's impossible. That shouldn't be there!"

"Cut the act Bucky!" Addison snapped. "Its over, we know you did it so just give us the encryption key so we can fix the mess you made."

"Encrytion key? I don't know anything about an encryption key!" Bucky defended. "Addison I swear I don't know what any of this is!"

"Liar!" Addison accused, pushing him against the wall as her eyes and moonstone glowed. "You've done this before! You messed with Zed, Eliza, and Bonzo's Z-bands before!"

Bucky didn't struggle and he deflated a little at her words. He looked her in the eyes. Despite their wolfed-out glow, tears were pouring from Addison's eyes. Bucky knew that look, she was angry and scared.

"Addy," Bucky's voice was quiet and calm. "You're right, I screwed up before, but not now. I know you don't believe me, but think back. Do you remember who actually deactivated the Z-bands?"

Addison was quiet for a moment. "You had the Aceys do it."

Bucky nodded. "Exactly, they stole the computer and Stacey hacked the Z-bands because Addison, I know every cheer routine in the book but I don't know anything about computers. That stuff may be on my laptop, but I didn't do this."

The glow from her eyes and moonstone faded and Addison released her hold on Bucky. "If you really didn't do it, who did?"

"I wish I knew." Bucky admitted.

"Where was your laptop yesterday morning?" Dr. Andrews asked. "Is it possible someone else could have used it?"

Bucky thought back. "It was with me. I tried to get on to observe a virtual meeting but I couldn't get it to work so I came here to see if I could get it fixed."

"I don't recall getting any repair orders or maintenance notifications." Dr. Andrews replied. "Did you hand over your laptop to someone here to be fixed?"

Bucky nodded. "Yeah, I did. Now that I think about it, I thought it was wierd that it took so long but I just figured it was because of the updates."

"Updates?" Dr. Andrews questioned. "Our laptops are up to date. There shouldn't be any updates."

"Then I was lied too." Bucky replied. "It wasn't updates, it was your data being hacked."

"Bucky," Addison's voice was firm. "Who worked on your laptop."

"My mentor." Bucky replied. "Dr. Patey."

Author's Note

dun Dun DUN!

*slow claps for all the readers.*

Congrats to all those who were planning to murder/actually murdered Bucky in my comment section last chapter.

You were plotting the death/killed an innocent man.....

And I was laughing my ass off the whole time.

Oh well, have a Happy Halloween if you are celebrating. I have plans this weekend so expect and update probably on Monday.

                   -Meloetta246