Sisterly Advice

Addison sighed as she made her way through the woods toward the wolf den. Though Zed had done his best to reassure her that she had done nothing wrong, she still felt awful about what had happened at Z-Tech.

Yes, Dr. Patey had been very rude and the security guards had used excessive force, but they didn't deserve to get hurt. They were only doing their jobs.

What scared Addison the most was that she couldn't remember anything that happened while her moonstone was activated. She had been completely out of control. If Zed hadn't snapped her out of it....Addison shuddered at the thought of what she could have done.

The wolf den came into view and Addison immediately felt a sense of relief wash over her. She could finally discuss her problem with people who understood and would know how to keep it from happening again.

Addison walked into the den and made her way to the main area. To her surprise the den was relatively quiet and when she got farther inside she realized why. The den was empty except for Willa and the younger werepups.

Willa noticed Addison walk in and stood up to greet her. "Hey Addison."

"Hey Willa." Addison greeted. "Where is everyone?"

"Mom took the pack hunting and Wyatt is still out with Eliza. I volunteered to stay behind and watch the werepups." Willa explained.

Addison nodded. "Oh, alright. Thanks Willa, I'll just come back tomorrow then. Have a good night."

Addison turned to leave but Willa reached out and placed her hand on her shoulder. "Addison, you clearly came here for a reason. What's going on?"

Addison sighed as Willa lead her over to a large stone slab and the two sat down. "Something really scary happened today. I wanted to talk to Wyatt or your mom about it."

"I see." Willa nodded understandingly before taking a deep breath. "Look Addison, I know I'm not the person you came here to talk to, but if you explain what happened I might be able to help."

Addison shifted nervously. Willa had a point, she was a wolf and had plenty of experience using a moonstone. If course she might be able to help. They had grown closer since it was revealed she was Wyatt's sister and the great Alpha. Maybe talking to Willa wasn't such a bad idea.

"Alright," Addison sighed. "Earlier today, Zed and I got into some trouble. The security guards pushed Zed against the wall and cuffed him. I was so scared and concerned for Zed, that I lost control. I went werewolf and attacked the guards. I didn't really do anything except knock them down, but I don't remember doing it. That's what scares me the most."

Willa nodded, taking in her words. "Blacking out would scare anyone, but it happens sometimes. We usually see these types of things with younger werewolves. Their emotions are more unpredictable and fluctuate from one extreme to the other, causing their moonstones to react."

"What does that have to do with me?" Addison asked.

"You were feeling strong emotions when you lost control right?" Willa replied. "You're still new to this werewolf stuff. You haven't learned how to separate your emotions from your werewolf energy, like a younger werewolf."

"Okay, but why did I black out?" Addison inquired. "Why can't I remember attacking those security guards?"

"Because your body's fight or flight response kicked in." Willa explained. "Zed was in danger and your natural instinct was to protect him. A wolf's natural instinct is to protect their pack. Your moonstone fed off your emotions and went into autopilot. That's why you blacked out and can't remember."

Addison nodded, taking in the new information. "So how do I keep it from happening again?"

"Over time as you train and get used to your moonstone's power you'll be able to control it as a natural instinct." Willa explained. "For now, just do your best to avoid highly emotional situations. If you need to walk away, walk away. If you need to take a breath, take a breath. Listen to your body and recognize when you are getting too worked up and need to calm down. By doing that you should be fine."

"Thanks Willa." Addison smiled. "I was just afraid I might really hurt someone."

Willa shook her head. "You won't Addison. Your natural instinct is to protect, not harm. Even if you did black out again, you wouldn't use anymore force than absolutely necessary to protect yourself or anyone else. That I can promise you."

Addison sighed in relief. "You have no idea how good it is to hear that. I'd never want to hurt anyone."

"I know." Willa nodded. "And Addison?"

"Yeah Willa?" Addison asked curiously.

"I think of you as my sister too." Willa admitted. "So don't be afraid to talk to me about stuff alright?"

Addisin smiled, pulling her into a hug. "Thanks. I'll remember that, I promise."

"Good." Willa replied, hugging her back before pulling away. "But if you tell anyone I'm developing a soft spot for you I'll deny it."

Addison chuckled. "Alright, I promise I won't tell anyone."

"So this moment never happened?" Willa asked.

Addison smirked. "What moment?"

Willa laughed. "Alright then Wells, you better get home before the sun goes down."

"Alright." Addison replied, standing up. "See you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow." Willa replied.

Author's Note

Hey guys! I finally wrote another chapter! I'm trying to get back into a routine here with this. I've been working on some stuff for an upcoming chapter and life has been crazy so stay tuned and more will come soon!

               -Meloetta246