Reunited Part 2: Bree and Bonzo

Bree raced up the front steps of the small brick house. She had been worrying nonstop about Bonzo since this whole mess started. Bree knew he was terrified of his inner zombie and even more afraid of hurting others.

Bree knocked on the door and waited anxiously for someone to answer. This was the first time she had ever came to his house. Usually if they had a date Bonzo walked to her house or if it was a double date, they would swing by and pick him up on the way in Addison or Zed's car. That was the only reason she even knew where his house was.

Bree heard the click of a lock and the door swung open revealing a stern-looking older woman. Her hair was grey with a tint of green, pulled back in a tight bun. Her face and hands were wrinkled with age but her brown eyes were sharp and alert, studying her warily.

"Raz ig ga? (Who are you?)" The older woman asked.

The older woman's tone was gruff making Bree nervous as she tried to process what was said. Thankfully she was used to Bonzo's quick tongue and had been listening closey enough to catch the phrase, despite the older woman's thick accent.

"A-Ag Breeska. (I-I'm Bree.)" Bree stuttered out. "Ag grazu zee Bonzka. (I came to see Bonzo)"

"Az gruman goro zek zombie? (A human who speaks zombie?)" The older woman questioned, narrowing her eyes. "Ru grahzu zee Bonzka? Goreez? (You want to see Bonzo? Why?)"

Bree didn't understand why this woman was staring at her like she had done something wrong. She didn't even know who this woman was.

"Ag greh gazu goza vi agru gutzig. (I just want to know if he's okay)" Bree explained.

The older woman raised her eyebrow in surprise. She studied Bree a moment before turning to face the staircase behind her. "Bonzka! (Bonzo!)"

"Gozig!? (What!?)" Bonzo's voice called back.

The older woman huffed. "Zrea az gruman agdeh zror! (There's a human at the door!)"

Bree heard heavy footsteps above them then Bonzo came down the stairs. His eyes widened in surprise when he saw her. "Breeska? (Bree?)"

"Bonzo." Bree sighed in relief. "I came to see if you were okay. I didn't mean to cause any problems."

Bonzo turned to the older woman and whispered something in her ear that Bree couldn't hear. The older woman nodded, flashing Bree another wary look before disappearing into the house.

Bonzo took Bree by the hand and guided her upstairs. Bree stared at the line of pictures on the wall and realized they were all of Bonzo, starting with him as a baby and ending with his senior photo.

He led her down a narrow hallway to a small back bedroom. The walls were covered from floor to ceiling with paintings Bree assumed Bonzo must have made himself. There was a small desk and above it a cork board with papers containing sheet music, poetry, and short stories pinned to it.

"Wow." Bree breathed. "So this is your room?"

"Za. (Yeah.)" Bonzo nodded, sitting down on the bed and patting the space beside him.

Bree sat down and began to fiddle with the hem of her skirt. "Bonzo, who was that woman downstairs?"

"Ag Graza." Bonzo replied.

My... Bree sighed as she tried to think of what the word Bonzo used ment. She had never heard that term before.

"I don't understand." Bree admitted. "I'm sorry."

Bonzo pointed to the cell phone in her hand. "Grag ag juz zig? (Can I use that?)

Bree nodded and handed him the phone. She watched as he unlocked it and went to her photos. Bonzo scrolled through the pictures until he came to the ones Bree had taken at Christmas. It was the first Christmas Bonzo had spent with her family and she wanted to always remember that moment.