Graduation Part 1: Arriving

It had been a week since the Z-bands had gone offline. With everyone's help, the Zombies had recovered from the ordeal and life in Seabrooke had returned to normal.

And now, today was the big day. It had finally arrived. Today the senior class of Seabrooke High would walk across the stage and take their diplomas.

The Seabrooke Cheer Arena had been decorated for the occasion. Pink and green balloons, streamers, ribbons, and flowers were everywhere. It was a breath taking sight as students and their families arrived for the big event.

Principal Lee was outside greeting everyone as they arrived. She had on a big smile as she directed students and families to where they needed to go.

Addison stepped out of the car and waved to the others who she saw waiting nearby. She gave her mom a hug and kissed her dad on the cheek before making her way over to join her friends.

"Hey guys!" Addison smiled as joined them on the sidewalk in front of the building.

"Hey Addy." Zed greeted, giving her a quick peck on the lips. "Are you ready to walk the stage?"

"Yes!" Addison grinned excitedly. "And the best part is that we all get to graduate together!"

"Yeah, but why do I have to look like a walking stick of bubble gum to graduate?" Eliza complained, gesturing to the pink cap and gown she was wearing. "We should all get to choose what color we wear. Not forced to wear a certain color based on our gender."

Wyatt chuckled, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "Come on Ellie, it's not that bad."

"You get to wear green." Eliza grumbled. "While I look ridiculous."

Wyatt frowned and wrapped his arms around her shoulders, pulling her to his chest. "Its just for the ceremony Ellie. Afterwards you can throw it away if that's what you want. You really don't look bad, I promise."

"Fine." Eliza sighed, giving into his reassurance.

The others chuckled at the young couple's banter until they heard someone clear their throat. They all turned to see Dr. Andrews and his wife Hazel.

"Dr. Andrews, Dr. Hazel!" Addison smiled brightly. "Have you come to watch the ceremony?"

Dr. Andrews nodded. "We have, but I am also giving a speech as well. Principal Lee invited me as a special guest."

"Awesome." Eliza replied. "Maybe this ceremony won't be so boring after all."

Dr. Andrews chuckled. "I hope that I am able to keep everyone's attention. I tried to keep the speech on the shorter side but it should be good."

"We look forward to hearing it." Zed smiled.

"Thank you." Dr. Andrew's replied sincerely.

"Dr. Hazel?" Addison questioned, taking the opportunity to cut in. "I've been thinking, but I still didn't understand what you meant about having much to learn about the coming together of Zombies and Humans."

Hazel smiled and glanced at her husband who gave her an approving nod before she answered. "Well, the truth is, I'm pregnant."

Everyone gaped in surprise at the news. A human and a Zombie, having a baby. This was huge.

"Wow." Addison breathed in surprise. "Congratulations, both of you. That's amazing."

"Ag garzabe! (A baby!)" Bonzo cheered excitedly, causing everyone to laughed.

"Someone is excited." Addison chuckled.

"Oh yeah." Zed nodded in agreement. "You should have seen him when Zoey was born. I was the one becoming a big brother but Bonzo was more excited than I was."

"Really?" Addison asked. "That's so sweet though."

Zed nodded as Dr. Hazel cut back in.

"We're very excited." Hazel smiled. "Addison, do you remember what I told you happened when my Z-band went offline?"

"You said you never went full Zombie." Addison recalled.

"What?" Eliza gaped in surprise. "But how?"

"Well," Dr. Hazel replied. "It's only a theory, but I believe because mother and child are connected in the womb that the baby's human side kept my inner zombie from fully surfacing."

"So the baby's human genes counteracted your zombie ones." Eliza replied. "That makes sense. In the womb, mother and baby share a blood supply. That's why mother's sometimes miscarry, because the blood of the baby is too different from their own, so the body rejects the pregnancy."

"So what does that mean for the baby once its born?" Zed asked curiously.

Dr. Hazel sighed. "Unfortunately we won't know anything until the baby is born. However, if the baby's human genes were able to counteract my zombie ones as Eliza said, it could mean that our child won't need a Z-band to live a normal life."

"A zombie who doesn't need a Z-band, that would be something." Zed smiled.

"It would." Dr. Andrews agreed. "For now we can only speculate, but I do hope one day we will find a way to do away with the Z-bands once and for all. I hope that in the future we will be able to not only observe our own child, but other hybrid children as well. The next generation could end up being a very special one."

"I think he's right." Eliza nodded. "I think the future is actually going to be pretty bright."

"Well, I think we should all start heading inside. It's almost time." Dr. Hazel smiled.

"She's right." Addison replied. "Its almost time for the ceremony. We need to go line up."

"Well, let's go do this." Wyatt grinned before releasing a howl of excitement.

Will a and Wynter joined in as everyone chuckled and shook their heads. The wolves stopped and everyone headed for the doors of the cheer arena. The big event was about to start.

Author's Note

Me: I can wrap this up in one final chapter.

Two days and a thousand words later...

Me: Yeah....this is going to be a two-part finale.

So yeah, stay tuned for the official, final part.

                          -Meloetta246