Reunited Part 3: Eliza and Wyatt

Wyatt groaned as he squinted into the bright light that consumed the room he was in. He tried to remember what had happened, wrecking his brain for every bit of information he could find.

The Z-bands malfunctioning, confronting Dr. Patey, burning sensation in his neck, then...... nothing.

Wyatt tried to sit up but the pain in the back of his head only intensified and he released a strangled groan. A pair of gentle hands pressed against his shoulders and eased him back onto the bed.

"Easy Wolfie, the doc says you hit the ground pretty hard. Don't try to get up, just rest."

Wyatt knew that voice, and that nickname.

"Eliza?" Wyatt questioned as his eyes adjusted to the light. "H-How are you here? What happened? Why does my body feel so heavy and my head hurt."

Eliza sat up on the bed beside him. "Dr. Patey injected you with a large dose of a powerful sedative. You've been out for a few hours, but your going to feel funny until the effects completely wear off."

Wyatt nodded slowly, wincing at the pain in the back of his head. "And my head?"

"The sedative knocked you out and you hit the floor hard." Eliza explained. "Dr. Andrews said you may have a concussion, not a great thing to have when sedated. I was worried you might not wake up."

Wyatt chuckled lightly. "Well, you don't have to worry. I'm alright."

"Will you still say that if I touch the back of your head?" Eliza questioned.

"Fine, maybe I'm not completely okay." Wyatt admitted.

Eliza nodded. "That's what I thought."

"What about you?" Wyatt questioned, realizing she wasn't Zombified. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine Wolfie." Eliza smiled. "The Z-bands are back online and I took a little nap while you were out so I'm good to go."

"So they got the encryption key from Dr. Patey?" Wyatt assumed.

Eliza shook her head. "No, he refused to tell us. Thankfully as he was trying to escape I showed up with the wolf pack. They snuck me out of Zombie Town because I found a way to find the encryption key. Wynter tackled the guy and I saved the day as he was arrested."

Wyatt chuckled. "I wish I could have seen that. I'm sure Wynter got him good."

"She did." Eliza nodded.

"I'm also proud of you." Wyatt smiled. "You never gave up and you helped us solve the problem even though you were zombified."

"Thanks." Eliza smiled back. "I just did what any Zombie tech genius would do. I saved the day."

"Don't let it go to your head now." Wyatt teased.

"Oh hush." Eliza retorted, swatting his arm playfully.

Wyatt laughed as Dr. Andrews stepped into the room "I hope I'm not interrupting anything."

"Not at all." Eliza replied. "We were just talking."

Dr. Andrews nodded. "And how are you feeling Wyatt?"

"Pretty good doc, except my head. It really hurts." Wyatt admitted.

Dr. Andrews grabbed a pair of gloves from the counter. "Mind if I take a look?"

"Go for it." Wyatt replied, slowly sitting up with a grimace.

Dr. Andrews gently felt around the back of his head as he examined him, gently feeling and searching for any bumps, cuts, or abrasions. As Dr. Andrews got to the back of his head, Wyatt hissed in pain.

Dr. Andrews examined the area before moving away and disposing of his gloves. "There's no bleeding which is good but you do have a good sized lump on the back of your head and most likely a minor concussion. You'll be sore, but it should get better over the next few days. If it hurts too much take a low dose aspirin or use an ice pack, okay?"

Wyatt nodded slowly. "Yeah, okay doc. Thanks."

"You're welcome." Dr. Andrews replied. "And I must say, you weren't exaggerating about your girlfriend's potential. She is definately a gifted technology expert."

"I know." Wyatt smiled, leaning over to kiss her cheek. "She's the best."

"I did some thinking while you were both asleep." Dr. Andrews explained. "I re-analyzed all of Eliza's programs and as I expected they were flawless. That is why I was wondering if you would be willing to allow Z-Tech to continue using these programs in the future. I want to make sure nothing like this ever happens again."

Eliza pondered his offer before nodding. "Yeah, I'll give you permission to use them, as long as I get credit for creating them."

"Of course." Dr. Andrews replied. "These are your programs that you created. I would never take credit for something that isn't mine. You will be given full credit and we will call the programs by names of your choosing."

Eliza nodded. "I'd like that."

"Then its settled." Dr. Andrews smiled. "I'll update all of Z-Tech's computer systems to incorporate the new programs effective immediately."

"Actually." Eliza replied, getting up and walking over to her laptop. "There's one more program that I want you to use."

Eliza typed a few things into her computer and brought up a completely new program. She opened it up and Dr. Andrews peered over her shoulder to study it.

"What exactly does this program do?" He asked.

"It's a security program." Eliza explained. "You install it on the computers and link it to your own computer or phone. Then, if someone tries to change and data or coding within the system, a message will be sent to your computer or phone to alert you. Once that happens you can either put in your passcode to allow the action or hit deny to stop it. This way no one can hack in or change anything without your knowledge."

"This is remarkable." Dr. Andrews beamed. "What inspired this idea?"

"I invented it two years ago after some mean kids at our school used my laptop to hack my Z-band and the Z-bands of two of my friends." Eliza explained. "I didn't want to risk that happening again so I invented this program. That way if anyone uses my laptop they can't do anything without my approval."

Dr. Andrews nodded in understanding. "This is a smart solution you have created and I would be thrilled to have your permission to use it."

"Permission granted." Eliza smiled, handing him her flash drive. "This has everything you need."

"Thank you so very much." Dr. Andrews replied. "This will help us greatly to ensure a more secure future at Z-Tech. I'm going to get started right away. You are both free to stay or go when you are ready."

"Thanks Doc." Wyatt replied as Dr. Andrews left the room.

Eliza packed up her laptop and swung her bag over her shoulder. She walked over and gave Wyatt a quick kiss before helping him up off the bed. "Come on Wolfie, let's go home."

Author's Note

Guys...... I just realized...... I think next chapter is the last one! The end is near!

                           -Meloetta246