Return to Z-Tech

Addison took a deep breath as she and Wyatt got out of the car, staring at the large building before them. The last time she had been here Dr. Patey had been less than welcoming. He even pushed her to the point where her inner wolf took control.

Addison touched the moonstone around her neck and said a silent prayer that things would go well before leading Wyatt to the front door.

The lobby was surprisingly empty as they walked in. The receptionist at the front desk did a double take when she noticed their presence in the room.

"Can...can I help you?" She asked.

Addison nodded. "We need to speak with Dr. Andrews, it's an emergency."

The receptionist shook her head. "I'm sorry, but Dr. Andrews is very busy at this time. Can I take a message?"

"Please." Addison begged. "Just call him and ask if we can come speak with him. Tell him its Addison Wells, he'll see me. Please."

The receptionist sighed and picked up the phone, beginning to dial. "Very well, but don't get your hopes up. Dr. Andrew's is a very busy man, especially now."

Addison and Wyatt glanced at eachother as they waited for someone to answer the call.

"Ah Dr. Andrews." The receptionist's cheery voice proclaimed. "Yes, I know you are busy. I have a young lady by the name of Addison Wells who wants to see you. I told her....yes, I understand. I'll bring her right up. Bye bye."

The receptionist sighed before putting on her cheerful smile. "You're in luck, the doctor would like to see you. Right this way."

Addison and Wyatt shared a smile as they followed the receptionist down the hall to the elevator. They took it to the top floor then followed the receptionist down a long hallway.

"Here we are." The receptist smiled, pointing to the door directly in front of them. "Dr. Andrew's will be inside waiting for you."

"Thank you." Addison and Wyatt replied before heading inside.

The interior of the office was large and well furnished. In the corner, they saw Dr. Andrew's typing furiously on his computer, his brow furrowed in concentration.

They walked towards him and Dr. Andrews glanced up, flashing them a smile before turning back to his work. "Come in, come in. I apologize if I'm distracted but I have quite a problem on my hands, all of the Z-bands have shut down."

"We know." Addison replied grimly. "That's why we came here. We were hoping you could give us some answers as to what is going on."

Dr. Andrews sighed. "If I had answers I would most certainly share them, but sadly I don't have as much information as I'd like. Right now my best guess is that there is some sort of disruption in the broadcast signal data. I've been combing through the data line by line but so far everything is normal. I can't find any irregularities. The rest of my staff is checking other areas just in case but they have found nothing as well."

Addison sat down in one of the chairs as she processed his words. "So there's nothing you can do? What about the Zombies? The longer they go without their Z-bands, the harder it will be for them to control their inner zombies."

"I know." Dr. Andrews replied quietly. "I promise we are working around the clock to fix this. Believe me, I want to help my Hazel as much as you want to help Zed and your friends."

Addison's eyes widened, she had forgotten about the doctor's wife. "Where is Dr. Hazel?"

"They took her away." Dr. Andrews replied solemnly. "She's locked up in that town like the others. We were finally starting our lives, now this."

"I'm so sorry." Addison replied. "I shouldn't have seemed so insensitive."

"My girlfriend is a zombie too." Wyatt chimed in, placing a comforting hand on Addison's shoulder. "We're all in the same boat here."

Dr. Andrews nodded. "That we are. I promise my computer scientists and I are doing everything we can to fix this. And it will be fixed as soon as possible."

Addison nodded. "Thank you Dr. Andrews. We won't take up anymore of your time."

"You're always welcome here Addison. You and...um..." Dr. Andrews trailed off.

"Wyatt, Addison's twin brother." Wyatt introduced himself.

Dr. Andrews interest peaked. "Brother? I didn't know Missy and Dale had a son."

Wyatt chuckled nervously. "Its a long story but yeah, they do."

Dr. Andrews nodded. "Well it was a pleasure to meet you young man. Feel free to stop by with your sister or girlfriend anytime."

Wyatt nodded. "I will sir, thank you."

Addison and Wyatt made their way back the car. Addison groaned as as she slumped forward and pressed her head against the steering wheel. "That was a total bust."

"Not conpletely." Wyatt replied. "At least we know they're trying to find a solution and not just sitting around doing nothing."

"True." Addison admitted. "But we still haven't found any information to help the Zombies."

Wyatt nodded. "I know, but let's go meet up with the pack. Maybe they've discovered something."

"Alright." Addison sighed. "Hopefully they've had some better luck."

Author's Note

I think I'm finding my rhythm again. It feels good to do some writing.

                           -Meloetta246