Control

The ride home from Z-Tech had been a silent one. Addison stared out the window deep in thought as Zed kept his eyes on the road.

"Are you okay Addy?" Zed asked, breaking the silence.

Addison sighed, clutching her moonstone tightly in her hand. "I don't know Zed, I attacked people. I could have hurt someone."

"But you didn't." Zed reminded her. "You only used the force necessary to protect me. You would never hurt anyone."

"I know." Addison sighed. "But I completely lost control. That can't happen again. I need to speak with Alpha Wylda, maybe she'll know what to do."

Zed nodded. "Alright, if it will make you feel better. Maybe you could ask Wyatt and Willa to take you tomorrow."

"Yeah, I think I will." Addison replied.

Zed pulled into the driveway of Addison's house and parked, taking a deep breath. "Come on, I'll walk you inside."

The two got out of the car and Zed wrapped his arm around her shoulders as they walked up to the front door. Addison opened the door and the two stepped inside as the lights came on.

"Surprise!"

Addison gasped seeing her parents, Zevon, and Zoey standing in the living room. Zoey threw a handful of confetti into the air before moving aside, revealing the sign all three parents were holding up. It read:

'I think of you from dusk til dawn,

Will you be my date to Prawn?'

The sign had a small picture in each corner, a sun, a moon, Zed's face, and her own. Addison turned to face Zed with a big smile as he held out a bouquet of red roses that his dad had left on the table by the door as instructed. "Well, what do you say Addy? Will you go to Prawn with me, again?"

Addison laughed as she took the roses and kissed his cheek. "Of course I'll go to Prawn with you."

Zed pumped his fist in victory as their parents and Zoey clapped for the young couple.

"We got it right this time!" Zoey cheered as everyone laughed.

"We sure did Zo." Zed smiled. "This went way better than last year."

Addison turned to look at the group. "So all of you were in on this?"

Zevon nodded. "Zed wanted all of us to be included. He thought it would make the promposal even more special if we were all together as a family."

Addison nodded as she turned to glance at Zed. "Well he was right, this was perfect. Thank you all so much."

"Can I help you find a pretty dress?" Zoey asked excitedly.

Addison smiled, giving Zoey a hug. "Of course. You can join Bree, Eliza, Willa, Wynter, and I. It'll be a girls day. If that's okay with your dad?"

Zevon nodded. "Its fine with me. You've watched Zoey before so I know she'll be in good hands."

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Zoey squealed, hugging his waist. "You're the best daddy ever!"

Zevon chuckled and patted her back. "You're welcome my angel. Just be good for Addison, Eliza, and their friends okay?"

Zoey nodded. "I will, I promise."

Addison smiled at the two. "We're going tomorrow afternoon after the cheerleaders have dance class with Bucky and Eliza gets done with Computer Club."

"Alright then." Zevon agreed before turning to Zed. "I have to work late again so can you make sure Zoey is ready to go with Addison tomorrow?"

"Yeah, no problem dad." Zed replied.

"Well, now that we have that settled, why don't we all clean up the confetti?" Dale chuckled, pointing at the mess on the floor.

Zed rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "Yeah, I guess we should clean that up shouldn't we?"

Dale and Missy nodded and everyone worked together to clean up the confetti. Several laughs and small confetti fights later the floor was finally clean.

"Great work everyone." Missy smiled. "Thank you for helping."

"Of course." Zevon replied. "We helped make the mess so it's only right we help clean it up."

Missy nodded and handed Addison the poster. "I assume you'll want to keep this?"

"Yeah, I do." Addison smiled, admiring the poster before turning to Zed. "So Bonzo made this, right?"

Zed chuckled. "How did you know?"

Addison gave him a deadpan look. "Because Zoey has better handwriting than you do and you can throw a football straighter than you draw lines."

"Hey!" Zed pouted, crossing his arms. "I can write neatly when I want and I happen to draw very nice stick figures."

Addison laughed as she rolled up the poster. "Do you even hear yourself?"

"Yeah, but you still love me." Zed smirked playfully. "So who cares?"

"Alright." Zevon chuckled. "As much as I love watching you two having fun with eachother, we need to get home so I can make dinner."

"Alright Dad." Zed sighed, giving Addison a quick kiss on the lips. "I'll see you at school tomorrow okay?"

"Okay." Addison smiled. "And thank you, for everything."

"Anything for you." Zed smiled before following his dad and sister outside.

Addison walked outside and waved goodbye as Zed and his family drive off. Once they were out of sight she went back inside and her mother took the roses from her arms.

"Here, let me put these in a vase with some water." Missy replied. "I must say they are beautiful. Your boy has good taste."

Addison chuckled. "Thanks mom. Hey, do you mind if I go to the wolf den after dinner? I promise to be back before dark. I just need to talk to Wyatt."

"Is everything okay?" Missy asked, her voice laced with concern.

"Yeah, everything's fine." Addison lied. "I just want to spend a little time with my brother on our birthday."

Missy gave her a sceptical look but nodded. "Alright, just be safe."

"Thanks and I will mom, don't worry." Addison smiled. "Here, while you do that I'll set the table."

"Thank you." Missy replied. "And Addison?"

Addison turned back to face her. "Yeah mom?"

"Just, remember you can talk to me about anything okay? Human or werewolf problems, I'm here." Missy reminded her.

"I'll keep that on mind mom, I promise." Addison nodded before going to get the plates and utensils to set the table.

Author's Note

Hey Guys! Look I know I haven't updated in a long time and I'm so sorry. Life has just been hectic and time has not been my friend. I promise to get out some more chapters soon but please be patient with me. Thank you for all your support as always!

                      -Meloetta246