Chapter 18

It has been 3 days since Vanessa woke up. Seok Jung kept her under observation and carried out further tests to monitor her recovery and health. Her wrist was healed now but the marks remained like dark stories that would follow her to the end. Everyone came at their time to see her and congratulate her on her recovery. The congratulations and their happy faces made her more awkward thinking about how she is going to explain everything. She was being discharged tonight and Suga was about to come in few hours.

Vanessa's POV...

I sat here on the hospital bed gazing outside. My bed near the window gives me a nice view. In the daylight, I enjoy various patients in the hospital who come out to roam around in the garden. This garden is not too large but has a flower bed surrounding it. People in their wheelchair and their family and friends with them makes me emotional.

As much as I this scene can make one happy and heal it made me sad. I feel like a failure. I could not keep my family together, I lost my brother, My husband cheated and abused me in many ways, my baby was killed in my womb and I lost my brother again after so many years. After so much pain and sacrifices. I have lost everything. I don't know what to do with myself anymore. I was lost in my thoughts and did not hear any knocks.

"My house has a backyard too you know?" 

I was startled at the voice. Suga walked in with a duffle bag and smiled at me. I smiled back but my smile contains no happiness. It was as weak as my health. Suga sighed and came to sit with me. He looked out the window where I was looking and we saw a kid walking along with a young lady. He understood and took my hand in his hands brushing my knuckles. I closed my eyes and leaned on his shoulder.

I later changed my clothes. We walked out of the hospital hand-in-hand. Jung Kook waited for us outside with the car. He saw me and gave me a welcoming smile. I looked at him with a smile, he is exactly how Kyungsoo used to be. When he was younger and sweet, he would wait for me at the doorstep. Whenever I came back from work, he would welcome me with the same smile. It filled my heart with the content. Looking at his face made me forget about all the rebuke and insults that were thrown to me at work.

The ride home was quiet and short. When I stepped outside the house again, it reminded me how I had left in a hurry, and my heart filled with regret and betrayal, again. I should brush this feeling off but I can't. Suga came behind me and kept his hand over my shoulder.

"Welcome home Vaniee."

I walked inside and Woaaaah...

All of them are here. These 7 men who I don't even know properly, were welcoming me in the living room. "What is all this?" I was smiling at Suga and he chuckled too. "Don't ask me, it was all Jung Kook's doing." I turned to him and he gave me his bunny smile the brightest I have ever seen.

Suga walked me inside and we all sat on the couch. A huge banner with WELCOME HOME NOONA was written and hung around the kitchen door. The room was decorated with balloons and ribbons. I have never celebrated anything in my life like this. Even on our birthdays, I was always busy working or running extra shifts to save more and more money. When I lost Kyungsoo, the concept of parties, celebration, and joy was far away from me. But today, I was being welcomed by people. 

Men I have not done anything for. For all the care, I have put them in difficult situations, have embarrassed them, betrayed their trusts. I feel guilt in my heart but the feeling of safety and acceptance fill my heart over guilt. I turned to Jung Kook who was looking at me with his smile, his eyes glittered.

"Do you like it Noona?" he asked me.

"I do. I like it, heck I love it. I have never in my life seen such a celebration but thanks a lot Kookie." I looked at him with wet eyes. He jumped up and hugged me like a bear.

"You don't have to thank me Noona, I thought I lost you. We all thought we lost you. We are very sorry. We got you involved and we were not prepared for everything." He said with a gurgling voice. 

"Hey! Are you crying? Please Jung Kook don't. It is not your fault. It was my fault, I ran off from here I thought I was a burden to you. Please you guys saved me." I hugged him back. "Thank you for not giving up on me. Thanks to all of you for doing so much for me. I can't put more words in it." I said looking at them all. 

"Then it is settled. It was nobody's fault. You have to rest and get well soon. I will take care of you and nothing will harm you ever again." He chuckled at me.

"We all are here for you Vanessa. Never think that you are alone" said Jin from behind.

"And Noona, please call me Kookie, I like it." Jung Kook blushed. This bunny boy is always dressed in all black T-shirt and Black ripped jeans. He always had the black cap on his head and would never take it out as far as I have seen him. I can tell he is a muscle bunny by his hug but inside all this roughness is a sweet little bunny boy who is such a softy.

Suga wrapped his arms around me when I sat back down on the couch. After a little chit-chatting and instructions to only rest and not ponder over everything, Namjoon asked me THE question.

"Vanessa, do you know what happened? Or who attacked you?"

My heart pounded against my chest. I closed my eyes and the events of that day replayed in my mind. I felt cold all of a sudden and it felt like the life force was drained out of me. What should I say? Suga slipped his fingers in between my fingers and his left hand rubbed my shoulder. "It's ok if you don't know. We will find him. You are safe here. You don't have to talk right now." I know he was trying to calm me down but I was a weakling. It felt like I cannot speak and words would never flow out of my mouth.

I closed my eyes, trying to calm myself down. My lips parted sucking in air from a small gap. I took a deep breath and opened my eyes to them. Even if it is difficult, even if I don't want to, I have to. I do not have a choice, these people should know what they are getting into if they are helping me. Keeping them in dark, I might end up getting them in more trouble. So I said it. 

"I know who attacked me."

A/N: Hey lovelies, I can see a few views. I would love it if you commented and dropped your votes if you are liking the story. Let me know what you think of the story. I am halfway through the storyline or maybe I will drag it to 100 chapters, who knows? I am wishing for all your good health and my book to be read by all of you. 

I am a weird bitch, sue me. 

Borahae ...